Question

Top Student
Charlzsistah
Message 1 of 3 (153 Views)
Accepted Solution

C7280 Won't Print

Hi,

I have a Photosmart C7280 AIO that suddenly won't print and has been "offline" for three days.

I have Win 7 and a wireless connection.  HP Print and Scan doctor is unable to solve the situation; I've tried repeatedly and it tells me to contact my "Network Administrator" (?). I unplugged my modem, printer cables, etc. and powered back up, but no dice.   I tried to uninstall the printer software but couldn't even find what I'd originally installed a couple of months ago.  I then tried to reinstall the printer driver, hoping a newer software version would be available and I'd have the option to uninstall the old, but got a notification that the install could not be completed.  I have been trying every solution I can find for the past 12 hours.  Please help before I take a hammer to my new printer!:catfrustrated:

Thanks bunches in advance!!

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: C7280 Won't Print

Hi Charlzsistah,

Let's not get the hammer out just yet, I suspect that will make a huge mess you might not want to clean up!  :smileytongue:

Instead, I have a suggestion. I know you have been at this already for probably over 12 hours now, but I have a document that I believe will be very helpful. This certainly sounds like a communication issue, use the solutions offered in this document and let me know how it works out. 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print.

I know that some of the solutions that this document offers you have probably already done, but it is a good idea to do these solutions in order, thus I suggest you repeat some of the steps you already did. The exception to that statement,  the Print and Scan Doctor. Solution one will suggest you download and install the Dr. Although the Print and Scan doctor is good, you have used it with no success and I don't want you to waste your time. Skip it for now, and proceed to solution 2.

Please know, I will do what I can to help you efficiently, and bring a solution to this issue, but I have to ask for your patience. I know how frustrating it can be to have something that is not working as it should, and how annoying it can be to feel like you are repeating the same troubleshooting steps over and over, but I am confident we can get the issue resolved with some determination.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Charlzsistah
Message 3 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: C7280 Won't Print

Hi Sunshyn2005,

Thanks very much for your reply!

A few hours after my posting -- and loads more frustration, I finally resorted to HP Customer Care.

Three different techs spent three (3) hours (!) cleaning my computer of malware and popups that had started to overtake its function (in spite of it being a relatively new computer (Sept. 2013), which I know may have no bearing).

I was told that they could be the reason my computer was no longer recognizing the printer.

My printer resumed fucntionality after the cleaning and re-installation of  my printer software.

I highly recommend HP Customer Care for those who have been unable to solve their issues via HP online Support (or who just can't take the stress of non-operational equipment anymore, like moi.)

Nevertheless, thank you for your suggestions. Hopefully others with a similar model can benefit from your advice  (assuming theirs machines don't require a 3 hr. computer sweep :smileyhappy:)!  Best of all, no hammer needed!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation