06-10-2012 08:50 AM
The alignment on my cartridges has gotten further and further off over the last year. the color calibration (Tools>System Setup>Print Quality>color calibration) does not help.
I believe I remember printing a page and then scanning it to align the colors during the original setup of the printer, but find no way to re-preform this alignment. The alignment is off by about .060/.070 inches and is not making me happy.
06-11-2012 10:22 AM
I have exactly the same problem. I use it for business and I cannot print any flyer with this quality. For me, the red color is mainly shifted-up.
I am looking forward to a solution.
12-19-2012 10:25 PM
We are having this problem except with the blue. Calibration does not fix it. The printer is wireless and all computers that send an image to print have the same problem so it is not a computer driver problem.
Will replacing a 1/2 full print cartridge fix the problem? I don't want to spend that kind of money if it has not impact.
12-20-2012 08:52 AM
12-20-2012 04:05 PM
I have run the printer through calibration mode many times with no success. Last night I unplugged the printer. I also changed the yellow cartridge because it said it was low (<100 pages left). I just printed the demo page and the colors look good. I also made a color copy of a photo and it looks good. I don't know if the problem was caused by the low yellow cartridge or if it was fixed by unplugging the device for 8 hours.
06-17-2013 03:26 PM
has anyone else had any luck solving this problem? it just started happening to me the other day. the cyan is shifted up about .06 inches. please help if you can!! i tried updating the firmware, unplugging the machine, new cartridges, re-calibrating and nothing is working.
06-17-2013 03:38 PM
Well it seems that this printer has problem to calibrate when one of the cartridge is nearly empty. It is the feedback I got from HP tech support and they were right. So by replacing the cartridges that were nearly empty did solve the problem. On the opposite, it does not save the planet or our wallet as we cannot extend the lifetime of the cartridges to the max.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series