Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP CP 4025 with the warning "Fuser Very Low" on the screen.  I have installed NEW OEM fusers into the printer twice and the warning will not go away or the warning will not reset.  There is no service mode feature to reset the maintenance/Fuser Kit so I am at a loss as to what to do next.  The firmware version is 20140505  07.162.1.  Would an NVRAM reset resolve this problem? Or should I replace the DC Controller?  OR?.....

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Where are you getting your NEW OEM fusers and are your turning off the printer when you install them? The fuser has a burnable fuse which trips a circut in the printer to reset the count. It is the only way the count can be reset.
HP Recommended

I have tried installing the fusers both ways.  Once while the printer is on, (which by-the-way is what the instructions show, or at least the instruction don't specifically say (or show) anything to lead you to turn off the printe)r.  And once with the printer turned off.  I have never had this problem before.  I am purchasing my OEM fusers from Ingram Micro so there's no problem or suspicions there.  So there has to be some other reason.  Is there a way to test the fuseable link that "blows" in the fuser to see if the printer is doing its job? 

HP Recommended
Replacing the fuser should always be done with the power off period. If you tried both fuser first with the power on, then most likely that is the cause of your problem. Call Ingro Micro and see if they will take them back saying they did not reset the count. With the power on the link blows but the count is not reset. Once the link blows that fuser will never do the reset.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  In my earlier statement I mentioned that at least one of the fusers I installed was in fact installed with the power off.  

HP Recommended

Hello,

For the CP4025/4525 and CM4540, the fuser does have a "fusible" link which is a 34ohm resistor that goes open after 100-pages are printed.  If you install a fuser that has the intact 34ohm resistor, the fuser life remaining should reset to 100%.  If you remove that fuser before the 100-pages, then the original fuser life remaining will re-appear.  It is only a "sticky" reset when you print 100-pages with a fuser that has an intact 34ohm resistor. 

You do not have to power off this printer to get the fuser to reset.

Below is a picture showing which pin on the fuser connector can be checked to see if the 34ohm resistor is intact on a new OEM fuser (less than 100-pages printed on it):

Check the bottom pin on the right side as shown below.  If you get an "open", then the fuse is blown or not present.  Return this fuser as a defective part.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

DaveK.

Fusible Link Check.jpg

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hello,

The black lead is connected to the sheet metal frame of the fuser.

BTW- The resistor you have shown in the attachment of your post, is not the "fusible link" so it should never be open.  The fusible link is under the front plastic cover in the center of the fuser.

Regards,

Dave

HP Recommended
You can try connecting a 33 ohm resistor WITH a 100- 120 mA fuse in series. Worked for mee!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.