09-20-2013 05:56 AM
We have a CP3525dn which will not duplex correctly. I've read through various other posts and can't find any answers to my query. We place headed paper in tray 2 with the heading to the right and face up. However, when i ask the printer to Print both sides, it prints the headed paper upside down and back to front.
I posted a reply to an older post but have received no reply, hence this new one. Any suggestions would be very welcome.
09-20-2013 11:15 AM
I understand that you wish to print a job having 2 pages on a single sheet of Letterhead media.
As a basic step, please configure the input tray being used (Tray 1 or 2) for correct paper/media type & size being used. In your case the media type would be "Letterhead" and actual size (assuming that it could be A4 / Letter).
While job is sent to printer, the same paper source (tray), paper size & type should be selected from software application and the printer driver properties.
Change the the orientation of media loaded in the tray (i.e face down and header/logo on the left - for tray 2).
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!
(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
09-21-2013 05:57 AM
>> ... We place headed paper in tray 2 with the heading to the right and face up ...
According to the Print Task manual for the Colour LaserJet CP3525 series printers (http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/S
- With Alternative LetterHead Mode = Off (the default): for 1-sided (simplex) printing, load media "Face up; Top edge at the right side of the tray"; for 2-sided (duplex) printing, load media "Face down; Top edge at the right side of the tray".
- With Alternative LetterHead Mode = On: for 1-sided (simplex) printing, load media "Face down; Top edge at the left side of the tray"; for 2-sided (duplex) printing, load media "Face down; Top edge at the left side of the tray". This mode allows both simplex and duplex print jobs to use the same media without reloading it in a different way.
Similar settings apply if the media is loaded in Landscape orientation, except that the top edge is towards the back of the device.
09-26-2013 12:58 PM
Having said that, in the document I referred you to in my previous post, the PCL6 driver appears to have a setting (under Printer Features) for Alternative Letterhead Mode.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series