Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (729 Views)

CP3525dn - duplexing error

Hi

We have a CP3525dn which will not duplex correctly.  I've read through various other posts and can't find any answers to my query.  We place headed paper in tray 2 with the heading to the right and face up.  However, when i ask the printer to Print both sides, it prints the headed paper upside down and back to front.

I posted a reply to an older post but have received no reply, hence this new one. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 6 (703 Views)

Re: CP3525dn - duplexing error

I understand that you wish to print a job having 2 pages on a single sheet of Letterhead media.

As a basic step, please configure the input tray being used (Tray 1 or 2) for correct paper/media type & size being used.  In your case the media type would be "Letterhead" and actual size (assuming that it could be A4 / Letter).

While job is sent to printer, the same paper source (tray), paper size & type should be selected from software application and the printer driver properties.

Change the the orientation of media loaded in the tray (i.e face down and header/logo on the left - for tray 2).

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Associate Professor
Message 3 of 6 (695 Views)

>> ... We place headed paper in tray 2 with the heading to the right and face up ...

According to the Print Task manual for the Colour LaserJet CP3525 series printers (http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01754865/c01754865.pdf ), Preprinted or Letterhead paper (Portrait orientation) should be loaded in tray 2 as follows:

• With Alternative LetterHead Mode = Off (the default): for 1-sided (simplex) printing, load media "Face up; Top edge at the right side of the tray"; for 2-sided (duplex) printing, load media "Face down; Top edge at the right side of the tray".
  • With Alternative LetterHead Mode = On: for 1-sided (simplex) printing, load media "Face down; Top edge at the left side of the tray"; for 2-sided (duplex) printing, load media "Face down; Top edge at the left side of the tray". This mode allows both simplex and duplex print jobs to use the same media without reloading it in a different way.

Similar settings apply if the media is loaded in Landscape orientation, except that the top edge is towards the back of the device.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (669 Views)

Hi Chris
Thanks for the info. How/where do you change the Alternative Letterhead mode?
Andy
Associate Professor
Message 5 of 6 (660 Views)

I'd think that the mode would be set via one of the front panel menus (if your printer has such a menu system), or by using the Embedded Web Server or Toolbox utility equivalents.

Having said that, in the document I referred you to in my previous post, the PCL6 driver appears to have a setting (under Printer Features) for Alternative Letterhead Mode.
Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (651 Views)

Thanks, found it via the printer menu and is now working as expected.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation