Question

Student
nerod77
Message 1 of 7 (2,633 Views)
Accepted Solution

Calibration Photosmart 6510

Hey,

i have a Photosmart 6510. I bought new cartridge. (all original HP brands) but i can not calibrate the cartidge head in the printer. I always get a error message that  it was not possible to calibrate. The printer is less then a year old. Anybody who has a solution?

I tried all the functions :  cleansing, adjusting++++ but nothing works :smileysad:

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 7 (2,604 Views)

Re: Calibration Photosmart 6510

Are you getting any specific error messages, like "Alignment failed" or "Incompatible cartridge"?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
ldw30341
Message 3 of 7 (2,233 Views)

I didn't see how this was solved...I spent 45 minutes on the phone with support and never got the issue resolved.  My brand new black ink HP cartridges won't work (all other colors work).  Support's only option was to buy a new printer.  The 6510 is only 14 months old!

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 7 (2,230 Views)

I'm not really sure why that was marked as solved.  There was no trouble shooting done at all.  What all have you tried ldw30341?  I don't want to have you repeat a step unless it's absolutely necessary.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
ldw30341
Message 5 of 7 (2,229 Views)

I did every diagnostic and test available on the printer or through the toolbox on the PC...numerous times.  Seriously, I printed many iterations of the status report, alignments, clean printer head, etc., did a partial reset with support.  He exhausted his script before telling me that my only option was the new printer.  I still get the "Alignment Failed" message.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 7 (2,214 Views)

It sounds like you have done everything you can to solve this problem.  The document below contains all the steps that can be done to fix an Alignment Failed error message.  You can take a look to see if there was anything that may have been missed, but it doesn't look like it.  I'm sorry, but you will need to replace the printer.

An 'Alignment failed' Error Message Displays on the e-All-in-One

Signature
Honor Student
lerdiec
Message 7 of 7 (1,105 Views)

yes, my printer says Aligment faied.

You may continue but cartridges are not calibrated for best print quality.

i need to know how to caibrate and i have looked all over to see if can solve this and can't seem to be able to do this.

any ideas?  i would really appreciate it.  from the sounds of it i will need a new computer.  the last time this happend, i was smart enough to buy the warrenthy.  i find that they only last about 2 years.  i really love the hp printers.  but when there is a problem its time for a new one.  so words to the wise, buy the warrenty.

thank you, lerdiec

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation