04-04-2014 06:04 PM
I have been relentlessly searching for the firmware upgrade for this printer. I've tried all the links I found on the web such as this one:
The login is no good or the file does not exist. HP's site does not show the actual file but a pdf on how to perform an upgrade. The link they provide is just PDF files.
can someone please help me??
05-15-2014 03:36 AM
I checked for the firmware file ,but i couldn't find any file online which could be downloaded.
However i found an alternate option which would help to upgrade the firmware of your printer.
Using the Copy/b command in MS-DOS
Turn off the printer.
Connect parallel cable to the printer.
Turn on the printer with the Power , Resume , and Select button pressed simultaneously.
The LCD screen displays the Flashing mode message AWAITING DATA ON PARALLEL PORT.
- Type the command in the command prompt:
Copy/b <firmware file> lpt1
Wait until the LCD front panel returns to the AWAITING DATA ON PARALLEL PORT message. Normally sectors erase and block program messages are displayed during the process.
Turn off and then turn on the printer.
Thanks & Regards
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)