Question

Honor Student
Aliron
Message 1 of 5 (114 Views)

Certain files fail to print when I use the Best fit option

I have an Officejet Pro K8600. When I print certain files using the best fit option the printer feeds a piece of paper straight through and then starts to feed another and says it has a paper jam. I press the feed button and it feeds the second paper through. This is a consistant problem that is killing me. I have to use the best fit option because the sheets I am printing are design in D format. If there is not a slution for this I will have to get another printer. I have a lot of projects to print for the shop and this is killing me. I am printing from Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014. It works fine on my Designjet500. It fails on the K8600.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 5 (97 Views)

Re: Certain files fail to print when I use the Best fit option

Hello Aliron,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I saw your post about the issue you are having with your Officejet K8600. I have researched the concern for you and found two guides that I would like you to try. Normally a really good roller cleaning will help.

I am hoping this rids the problem!

Multiple Pages Feed through the Printer

'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the Computer

Regards,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Aliron
Message 3 of 5 (94 Views)

The printer is not the problem. It is the driver for the printer. I was on tech support with Autodesk for an hour making sure it was not Inventor causing the proiblem. It is the driver from HP. When I use the best fit option on cetain assembly drawing the failure accurrs. This is the only time it happens. I have to use the best fit because I am printing on 11X17 and the drawings are D size.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 5 (89 Views)

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

My best suggestion would be to uninstall the printer and reinstall it again to ensure you have the most recent driver and software installed.

1. Uninstalling the Printer Software

2. Restart your computer

3. HP Officejet Pro K8600 Printer Drivers (Choose your OS to continue to the available drivers)

Regards,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Aliron
Message 5 of 5 (85 Views)

I already did that. I am going to have to get rid of the printer if I cannot find a fix soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation