03-18-2014 02:02 PM
I have an Officejet Pro K8600. When I print certain files using the best fit option the printer feeds a piece of paper straight through and then starts to feed another and says it has a paper jam. I press the feed button and it feeds the second paper through. This is a consistant problem that is killing me. I have to use the best fit option because the sheets I am printing are design in D format. If there is not a slution for this I will have to get another printer. I have a lot of projects to print for the shop and this is killing me. I am printing from Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014. It works fine on my Designjet500. It fails on the K8600.
03-20-2014 01:04 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I saw your post about the issue you are having with your Officejet K8600. I have researched the concern for you and found two guides that I would like you to try. Normally a really good roller cleaning will help.
I am hoping this rids the problem!
03-20-2014 01:42 PM
The printer is not the problem. It is the driver for the printer. I was on tech support with Autodesk for an hour making sure it was not Inventor causing the proiblem. It is the driver from HP. When I use the best fit option on cetain assembly drawing the failure accurrs. This is the only time it happens. I have to use the best fit because I am printing on 11X17 and the drawings are D size.
03-20-2014 02:01 PM
Thanks for the reply.
My best suggestion would be to uninstall the printer and reinstall it again to ensure you have the most recent driver and software installed.
2. Restart your computer
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series