Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Now receiving a 58.00.04 error on this CM4540 printer (see attached).  Says to power off and then back on.  Problem still exists.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

In general, that error is related to the power supply.  Please ensure proper cabling for 110v/220v  and ensure all cables are completely plugged in.

Other related info can be found in this part of our forums.

/t5/Printers-LaserJet-Experts-Online/LaserJet-500-Color-M551/td-p/5542995#.UtcJ5UaA2M8

Thanks

Sam L

An HP Employee

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

There is also a message on the control panel that says "Tray 2 lifting"  but the tray does not move.

HP Recommended

One of the standard resets for many devices is to unplug from the wall for about 45 seconds.  Then replug and boot.  Please try that.

Thanks

Sam

An HP Employee..

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Reolution for your issue 58.00.04 error,

Cause : The product has experienced a low voltage power supply unit malfunction

Recommended action : Turn the product off, then on. If the error persists, replace the low voltage power supply.

I work for HP Technical team.

Please send qudos

HP Recommended

The error msg denotes that "The product has experienced a low voltage power supply unit malfunction."

So as a workaround for this issue you can check whether the printer is connected through UPS or to the raw power socket.

If the printer is connected through UPS then if possible, try connecting it to the raw power socket and check and if the issue persists then replace the Low Voltage Power Supply.

HP Employee

Sudha C

HP Recommended

Hi

The 58.00.04 Error occurs when the product experiences a low voltage power supply is when unit malfunctions.

Recommended action

Turn the product off, then on if same issue persists .Check with different working power socket  If the error persists, replace the low voltage power supply

Thanks

Hp Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

The error msg denotes that "The product has experienced a low voltage power supply unit malfunction."

So as a workaround for this issue you can check whether the printer is connected through UPS or to the raw power socket.

If the printer is connected through UPS then if possible, try connecting it to the raw power socket and check and if the issue persists that means issue is in low voltage power supply 

Please contact HP for part replacement 

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am coming into this discussion for the 58.00.04 error a little late, however, I wanted to mention that the original poster mentioned seeing the "Tray 2 Lifting" message after power cycling the printer.  The "Tray 2 Lifting" message can occur in conjunction with the 58.00.04 Error on the CM4540 just depends upon the message priority.  And as previous replies state, the resolution is to replace the Low Voltage Power Supply (LVPS).

So, if you have a CM4540 that is displaying the "Tray 2 Lifting" message and upon boot up, the engines fans do not run, then you likely need to replace your LVPS.

Thanks,

DaveK.

HP Recommended
To add to DaveK I believe when you get a message on the screen there is the option to "hide" the message. If you select "hide", then the next message if any will appear on the screen. We had a M4555 that had a scanner 30 error and when I selected the "hide" button the 58.04 error appeared which indicated a fail of the lvps on that unit and what was causing the scanner error in the first place.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.