02-18-2012 12:29 PM
I installed the Windows Vista to Windows 7 upgrade on my Sony VIAO computer. Then I installed the full software and drivers for the HP 7180 AIO printer. I got a message the the printer can't establish two-way communication with the computer. I can print from the computer to the printer, but when I load HP Solution Center, I can't do anything and there is a message that says the HP 7180 printer is connected. This problem occurs whether I have both devices connected to the network via a router or even if I direct connect the printer to the computer. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here and is there a fix to this problem.
02-18-2012 12:42 PM
Did you install this HP patch?
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
03-15-2012 02:53 PM
Hope you are doing well and having a great day;
I am reaching out to probe if you still experience this issue. If you are, try this utility Click here
If you are not experiencing this issue any longer you may disregard this post, although I will deeply appreciate if you wish to take a minute of your time and let me know.
Hope it helps;
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)