11-16-2012 08:02 PM
I set up my printer, HP Photosmart 6510 B211a, several weeks ago, and it worked great! Yesterday, I replaced the black ink cartridge, and now my computer gives me a message that it is "unable to communicate with the printer". The message suggests that the printer is "unavailable" or "not connected". However, the printer itself is able to print test pages, and when I conducted a network test, the printer printed a report that said, "No problems found." and everything says, "Pass" or "Excellent" right down the line. I have no idea what else to try!
11-18-2012 08:38 PM
I was able to get my printer working again by inserting the disc with the HP software on it. The disk prompted me to re-enter the IP address, and that solved the problem - at least temporarily.... I'm concerned that this may happen again because the software prompts suggested that I may have a "firewall" issue that is preventing my computer from finding the printer through traditional methods. Any idea on how to fix my firewall?
02-07-2014 10:27 AM
I started having this problem and after trying everything I could think of I reset the ISP-provided modem and the printer started printing again. The status report said I was connected and the wireless report said the signal was excellent, but it wasn't communicating with the computer.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series