Question

Honor Student
simonelsee
Message 1 of 5 (805 Views)
Accepted Solution

Constant "Alignment Recommended" message

HP Deskjet 3055A J661 using HP recycled original cartridges connected wirelessly to PC running 32 bit Windows 7.  Before every print job the "Alignment Recommended" message appears.  I press "Do Not Align", the print job takes place but, when after the print job, the "Alignment Recommended" message re-appears.  How can I avoid getting this message everytime?

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 5 (778 Views)

Re: Constant "Alignment Recommended" message

Hi simonelsee,

Can you print a Printer Status Report  Click Here  and scan the report and insert it as a large image to your post?  Click Here   Be sure to black out any personal information, including last name and serial number.

Have you tried doing the alignment?  What happens?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Honor Student
simonelsee
Message 3 of 5 (766 Views)

Attached as requested.

I have no problem doing an alignment when I need to - only with these constant pop ups!

Honor Student
simonelsee
Message 4 of 5 (765 Views)

Scan0002.jpg

Attached as requested.

Simon Elsee

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 5 of 5 (749 Views)

Sometimes, when cartridges are refilled or refurbished, the electrical contacts can be damaged.  This can cause improper communication.  For this printer, the cartridges contain the printhead.  That is the part that is aligned in the alignment process.  I suspect that replacing the cartridges with new, HP brand cartridges will resolved the issue. 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation