Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all!

Hoping for some guidance.  I am out of warranty and hoping someone has an idea. Here is what I'm up against.

After a large double-sided printing job my printer starting jamming. If I print just one page, the printer will print the page and then either suck the page back in OR will try to keep pulling more pages through resulting in a multiple page jam. Sometimes the display will say something about letting the Ink dry before it gets jammed again. Sometimes there is also a noise with the papers - kind of like a clicking sound as if something was stuck/jammed/unhappy.

I've done all the steps (except getting it serviced) provided in the hp link (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02885398 to no avail.

Any ideas or have you come across this? Does it mean my printer has died - I heard these types usually only last a few years and aren't worth the expense of getting repaired. Is that your experience?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Forgot to mention I'm printing wirelessly from a HP Pavilion m6 Notebook PC with an OS of Windows 7 Home Premium.
HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart 6510 just started doing the same thing today.  I've tried all the procedures as you had done.  I also noticed the "ticking" sound when the paper is being pulled making me believe it's a gear related problem.  Was sad to see you had no remedy to your original post.  Here's hoping something comes through.

HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same issue (constant paper feeding, ticking, jams), and tried all the steps (cleaning, looking for paper bits, resetting, checking the rollers), and I am still having issues.  Did you ever get an answer?

We find we can print one page at a time, if we only insert one piece of paper at a time.  Obviously, not a good solution if you have more than a few pages to print.

I was wondering if it has anything to do with the paper I am using.  Are there recommendations on what types of paper to use (or not to use)?

HP Recommended

Having the same exact problem; no one has suggested a solution

HP Recommended

Paper jam every time I try to print.  There is clicking noise in back of printer.  Sometimes it sends out clean paper but mostly jams.  I sent print from my laptop and it printed, but now I cannot.

HP Recommended

I don't know if it's your same problem, but simpthoms are the same: clicking noise, printer puts out continuously white sheets, says paper is jammed. Cleaning does not help.

In my case I have been able to fix it several times, however every time the fix lasts less... it's a mechanical problem.

1) put the printer bottom up

2) remove the paper tray (there are a couple plastic levers to be moved slightly

3) look on the left of printer bottom (inside red circle)

Other details: zoom1 zoom 2

The small piece of plastic indicated goes on the wrong place: it rotates 180° on the opposite side. It is a bit difficult to put as as in the photo (the correct way). Don't use force...

The better way (not always works) is to turn on the printer while it is reversed. The guide above the incriminated piece moves forward and a a certain point there is a slot where the piece is supposed to enter: it can be helped with a small screwdriver. After that it remains in position. At least until the next time it exits...

This last time I have tried to put some grease (the white stuff), let's hope it lasts longer...

Roberto

HP Recommended

Hello Roberto,

You are spot-on--this has fixed my printer!  An hour later and it was going to the tip!

HP Recommended

Hi, Roberto,

thumb up. I could solve the issue thanks to your advice.

Take care,

Smiromax

HP Recommended

Hi Roberto,

Many thanks!!

It works for the 6510e too. The highlighted detail looks a little different, but the problem with the 180°-turned plastic nose is the same.

There is a small moveable plastic bar upon the 180°-turned part. Use a screwdriver and move it back/forth until you can put the wrong placed part into a small recess of the bar.

All the best!

Mike

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.