Question

Student
DH1390
Message 1 of 1 (397 Views)

Deskjet 1000 Printer J110a: Paper Jam with "Out of Paper" Error?

PRODUCT: Deskjet 1000 Printer J110a

ERROR MESSAGE: "Out of Paper"

CHANGES MADE TO SYSTEM: None

Hello, my name is Daniel.  As the title should tell you, I'm having some trouble with my Deskjet 1000, and I figured I'd see if I can get some help from fellow HP customers to resolve this.

See, I'm trying to print this two-page document on Microsoft Word, and up until a couple of days ago, my printer had no issues doing this.  The paper feeding was fine, everything printed off smoothly -- the only real issue I've ever had with this printer is when the ink ran out (long before this) and I had to replace the cartridge, which is just regular maintenance stuff and not a real issue.   Point being, it worked like a charm until this point.  Anyway, a couple days ago, I tried printing the aforementioned document, but that time (and every time I've tried since), the paper has gotten jammed or stuck about halfway into the printer, and then I usually get the "Out of Paper" error message.

Now, I've checked all of the little "fix your problem" things, and I've made sure do eliminate anything I'd be able to fix with what little knowledge I have about how everything actually works.  I never overload the paper tray, I've checked every possible place where there might be a piece of paper or some other foreign object holding things up, I've cleaned the rollers as best I could, I've tried the "unplugging/replugging" reset method, the software/drivers/etc. on my computer itself are all just fine, I double-checked that the Deskjet is my default printer (to be fair, it's my ONLY printer), and everything's connected properly, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work.

The thing that I find odd about the paper jam, though (and maybe this is because of my lack of knowledge about some of this stuff, so forgive me if this is a common thing), is that the paper seems to be jamming only on one side.  Like, I put it into the tray the right way, and it goes to print, but it seems like it's catching just on one side.  It'll try to keep the paper going on one side, but not on the other.  And I've looked in every possible tray or door for paper parts, but there's no such obstruction; the paper that I attempt to print with keeps getting bent and wrinkled, obviously, from the awkward positions it ends up in because of this issue, but is otherwise completely intact, so I doubt that this problem is being caused by a little shred of paper caught up in a roller somewhere.

Honestly, I've probably tried everything I can think of, save for grabbing a screwdriver and pulling the whole thing apart to see if there's some kind of internal obstruction that I can't see just looking into the various trays and doors.  I hope someone can provide some kind of help for this, because I'd like to just fix this issue rather than having to A.) get it professionally serviced, or B.) buying a new printer altogether.

Oh, one last thing -- the printer is still technically within warranty, but I don't have it for much longer -- I did a warranty check, and apparently it expires on June 11 of this year, so I only have not-even-two weeks left with the warranty.  So, if I'm gonna have to do something that requires my warranty still be intact, please let me know before the expiration date.  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out! :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation