Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi guys, I got a Deskject 3050a from another person. It can turn on fine and everything but...

When I try to print anything it just spits out a blank page. I tried printing out a test page, still no luck. I've tried cleaning my cartridges. Still doesn't work. I have tried using HP Print and Scan Doctor. There were no problems. I've tried printing over both Wireless and USB connection. Still doesn't work.

I haven't seen any ink level errors. When I try to print, it just rolls a sheet of paper through the printer. But there is never anything on it. However, I saw that there was a leak of tri-color ink on the cartridge and the thing holding the cartridge. I cleaned it up with Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol and some cotton swabs and Q-tips.

I have downloaded and uninstalled and installed again drivers. I have Windoes 8 (64-bit) if that makes a difference. And yes, I did download the driver for Windows 8 64-bit. I have also restarted both my computer and the printer.

Please help me with what is wrong...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If the printer had been unplugged without shutting down properly first it is possible that the cartridges were not capped properly, allowing them to dry out.  The following may help troubleshoot this case:  remove the cartridges and place them nozzles down in about 1" of very hot water (not boiling).  I would suggest using a separate cup for each cartridge.   Let the cartridge soak for about five minutes, then dry off the cartridge contacts.  Do not touch the nozzles.

Replace the cartridges in the printer and try printing a test page as shown in the document here.  If the printer prints at all at this point, even if a bit faded, then the issue was the cartridges and fresh replacement cartridges should resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Ive got same issue with my HP C309a. It prints a test page ok but after setting print area ok it just prints a blank page.

Last night the printer worked fine. This morning it doesn't (this is the first time I've had this problem in 3 years).

Cheers David_1

HP Recommended

Hi David!

I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Photosmart C309A printer. Sorry to hear that you are having any issues, but I will certainly do my best to help!

Are you able to make a copy on the printer successfully? If you're not sure how to make a copy please  click here (go to page 67) and the user guide can walk you through how to make a copy. If the printer makes a copy successfully then the issue is most likely with the software. If that is the case click here to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor, to see if it can help.

If, however, your copy comes out blank as well that would indicate the issue is with the hardware and you would want to click here and follow this document. The title is not quite what you're experiencing but the steps should help resolve your issue.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.