Question

Tutor
USMC5952
Message 1 of 6 (1,173 Views)
Accepted Solution

Deskjet 3056A won't feed paper

I have a Deskjet 3056A.  When I try to print the paper doesn't feed properly - meaning the top shifts right (as you look at the printer)  as if a roller isn't moving or there is something blocking the paper.  I have disconnected the printer and looked.  I can't see anything blocking the paper feed or rollers.  The rollers seem to move where I can move them with my fingers.  What can be the problem and possible fix actions other than replacing the device?

Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 6 (1,153 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3056A won't feed paper

Hi USMC5952,

Try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  Does that make a difference?

Are you getting any error messages?

Have you had a paper jam recently?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 3 of 6 (1,142 Views)

Hello,
I just thought I’d check in to ask if you were able to resolve your issue.
Rich

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Tutor
USMC5952
Message 4 of 6 (1,131 Views)

I am sorry but the Hard Reset was not a solution.  I did find an option to "clean" the paper feed in the setup - tools - clean paper feed.  That too was not a solution.  

The printer continues to try to feed the first sheet but it won't get past the first roller and misaligns when it tries to feed.  The printer tells me it's out of paper after that.

Tutor
USMC5952
Message 5 of 6 (1,128 Views)

Interesting..... The printer is now working.  I took the printer and began to look around from all angle placing it upside down to look at the roller from underneath when something internal dislodged.  I can hear it moving but it no longer obstructs the printing.

Thank you for the help!

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 6 of 6 (1,117 Views)

I am very happy to hear of your success and I appreciate the update.  Your post could be helpful to another community member.  I have linked a troubleshooting document to help in case the Out of Paper  error message returns or if you have trouble with paper not being picked up from the tray.  Click Here  Have a nice day !    :smileyhappy:

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation