Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is a brand-new printer, just purchased today. I've printed only a couple of pages with it so far but in looking at the print settings I don't see anything for double-sided printing. My last printer, a PSC1315, had a way to do that; it would print all the even-numbered pages and then I could turn the stack over and it would print the odd-numbers (or maybe it was the other way around, but basically the same thing). I didn't need to do this a lot but when I did that option was really useful.

I have another thread going here with a different question but I can end the same way: Am I missing something, or is double-sided printing, even manually, just not possible with this printer? And if not, does anyone have any suggestions for how I would manage this on my own? I don't even see a way to have it print only odd-numbered or even-numbered pages.

My OS is Windows XP Pro SP3, 32 bit. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For this issue, you will have to manually flip and feed each page for it to be "duplexed." However the even/odd printing, as I think you were getting at as your second question, is actually an issue of the program you are using and if it allows pages to be printed in that order. 

For instance in MSWord 2012, when you are on the print page there is an option directly under settings that allows you to print even/odd pages. This is the kind of solution which will work best for the printer. 

I hope you have a wonderful day! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I don't see in the spec's that it can duplex.  Your print application controls the odd and even print order.  However, if the printer does not meet your specifications, maybe you should return it and spend a little more to get a printer that has a duplexer built it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer. I did find the odd- or even-numbered page printing option; that might suffice for what I need. I'm waiting for an answer to my other question; that may decide whether I return the printer.

HP Recommended
I've decided to keep the printer. The other issue was a bigger one and I couldn't resolve it with another purchase so I came up with a workaround. For duplex printing I think the previous suggestion will be fine; I don't need it very often anyway.
HP Recommended

For this issue, you will have to manually flip and feed each page for it to be "duplexed." However the even/odd printing, as I think you were getting at as your second question, is actually an issue of the program you are using and if it allows pages to be printed in that order. 

For instance in MSWord 2012, when you are on the print page there is an option directly under settings that allows you to print even/odd pages. This is the kind of solution which will work best for the printer. 

I hope you have a wonderful day! 

HP Recommended

Where did you find the option to print odd or even pages at one time?

HP Recommended

That unfortunately is controlled by your printing software.

HP Recommended

it says you can print odd and even pages seperate i hope this helps iam not home so i cannot check if it works but i let you know

HP Recommended

YES YOU CAN MANUALLY ODD PAGES ONLY THEN EVEN PAGES OR VISA VERSE

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.