Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Why do all the forum posts about this issue keep linking to troubleshooting for blinking lights? All of the people with this issue have lights that stay on and are completely unresponsive.

HP Recommended

Hi raindove89,

Follow the steps below, and if the issue remains the same you will need to follow the steps in option 2 below.

Option 1: Reset printer

1. Remove all the cartridges from the printer

2. While printer is powered on remove the power cable from the back of the printer

3. Wait 1 to 2 minutes, and then plug the unit back in. Make sure you have the power cable plugged directly into the wall outlet.

4. Wait until the printer asks to have the cartridges reinstalled

Option 2: Service the product

Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .

• If your product is in warranty , contact HP.
  • If your product is out of warranty , click here to view low-cost support options.
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
So basically,
Option 1: Turn it off and turn it on again.
Option 2: Pay us more money.

Thanks for good times HP, but I'll never buy another one of your printers again. I wish I had realized sooner that this particular model would just randomly stop working in just a few years and that it has one of the highest ink costs page. Did anyone else notice that you could buy a new HP printer for the amount it would cost to replace both the cartridges? That says a lot about what kind of product they're manufacturing.
HP Recommended

Hi raindove89,

As a manufacture of electronic equipment just like tons of other manufactures of electronic devices there is no way to maintain or estimate the life of an electronic device when the manufacture doesn't control the physical enviroment the electronic device is installed. It is impossible to design electronic components to last forever. Keeping in mind that the enviroment a device is installed can affect the life of an electronic product in many different fashions. Examples: would be spikes of voltage or lack of power suddenly during a storm, and also how the equipment is maintained over the coarse of using the electronic equipment.

Did you run the reset steps i have provided?

If so, do you have the flashing lights or solid lights even when the cartridges are removed?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Aiiiiight.  Well, it isn't really my M.O. to burst bubbles, but since we're talking specifics, here are a few.

I hold two university degrees; the higher of the two in Computer Science.  My Deskjet 2210 All-in-One has printed roughly 50 pages in it's 3-yr lifetime, so it isn't "worn" out.  It has lived exclusively in one room of my temperature and humidity-controlled house.  Dust is kept to a minimun via filtration system and periodic vacuuming around components.  Since this particular room is the furthest from my electrical panel, I actually tested input voltage and draw down/spike using a Fluke digital multimeter and aforementioned vacuum cleaner, and found it to be better than average for residential power (owing to a dedicated transformer and right-sized, if not over-sized wiring).  This HP printer, along with the rest of my PC equipment, is connected to said source through a more than sufficient surge protection device, which has never tripped and has either never failed, or this printer is the only device affected by failure.

My conclusion is, that while your missive about users and the crappy conditions they put printers in is correct, that is not the case just now, and does not explain a hardly-used printer going "all-8's".  Instead, I believe this POS (for all of the $30 or so it cost me) is of sub-standard quality.  The poster above who notes the ink costs more than the printer perhaps has unrealistic views of what a printer should cost.  For my money, I'll still buy another cheap, piece-o-detritus HP Deskjet for $30 again, if I can, and plan on landfilling it in a couple of years...maybe the ink carts will still be good...

*HOWEVER* it should be abundantly clear to you, pcwizard/Provost, that this issue is endemic to the 2200 series, and there's little use in defending the product.  Better that you just own it, and move on, or perhaps more appropriate from an HR/legal standpoint, ignore it and move on.  Choose your battles, dude.  I like HP, and if I need an awesome printer, I'll pay HP some awesome big bucks for one.  No need to drink the company KoolAid.  Better to just say, these usually outlast the warranty, but have a weak diode or inexplicably finnicky chipset, or their florbish is particularly susceptible to grommicking under high flux conditions....whatever.  I feel you're pretty sure re-centering an empty ink carriage won't work, and this whole exercise is a flourish to coat the real message:  "Go buy another for $30."  I guess I'm glad the last-ditch procedure was no more complicated that it was...  Cheers,

SJ

HP Recommended

Thank you!  Thank you!  So glad I stumbled on your suggestion...  worked perfectly!  And to think I was ready to throw out the printer!

HP Recommended

Don't have disk, need help!

HP Recommended

The link everyone keeps posting only talks about blinking lights. We are all saying the lights stay on, NOT blinking. Mine has done this a couple times before and then starts working again. It's only after storms and the power and flickered off and on. It's been 3 days and still can't get mine to work. Seems there would be a way to reset it. Been a great printer except for this issue. 

HP Recommended

I had tried to print two pages this morning but had only one sheet loaded,  that printed and stopped & got flashing error lights.

Put more sheets in, pressed error, it stopped flashing and stayed on.  As well as all the lights are on and not flashing.

I tried the steps of:  removing cartridges, unplugging both cords and waited for at least 2 minutes, then plugged everything back in, still have all lights, not flashing.

Before when I ran out of paper I loaded more paper and pressed the error button and the printer started back up.

Please help me.

HP Recommended

info does not help. HP makes crap

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.