Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (421 Views)

Disabling custom format error message on HP Laserjet 3015x?

Hi,

I work in an office where we need different custom paper formats (smaller than A4) in different paper trays of the same printer. I have set up custom formats for each tray on our newly installed Laserjet 3015x and in the application we use. However, without any discernable logic, sometimes a format error message appears on the printer display asking to insert paper of set format into the tray. You can override this by pressing OK once, then selecting the same tray, then pressing OK again - and it prints just fine. But of course it is no long-term solution to always run to the printer and pressing buttons for each time you print. I have tried to change formats in the application, but this occurs quite randomly. It worked fine, after a printer restart it does not. On one PC it works, on another with exactly the same settings it does not...

I would appreciate any hints on how to disable this, I have not found any setting to do so...

Thank you very much in advance! :-)

Cheers,

Roni

Professor
Message 2 of 4 (406 Views)

Re: Disabling custom format error message on HP Laserjet 3015x?

Most times this type of error is due to a mismatch between what is asked from the computer and what the printer thinks is contained in the tray. Whoever has the issue check to make sure they are asking for that size and type paper. In other words the printer thinks whatever size and type paper was requested for the job is not in the tray and pressing the button is telling the printer to use whatever paper it has in the tray showing. Since you are using custom settings it is hard to tell since the menu will probably just say load custom paper in tray 1 and pressing the button says using custom paper from tray 2 so you do not know what size or type may be off.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (387 Views)

Hi,

Actually in the current setting the correct tray is chosen (2), so it asks for paper of that format to be inserted into that tray. Currently it works again, so it is really not following any logic anymore. No settings have been changed since, and the danger that it does not work again once more is great. So I really would need a way to disable this warning.

Maybe it is due to the fact, that the paper in question is borderline small, a little smaller than 110x230 mm in fact...

Cheers,

Roni

Tutor
Message 4 of 4 (361 Views)

There is a workaround you can try. Put the papers in tray 1 and configure the Tray to Any Size Any type . It will pickup the papers without prompting. On the hindsight it will be pickup any paper.

Thanks

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation