09-04-2013 03:13 AM
I work in an office where we need different custom paper formats (smaller than A4) in different paper trays of the same printer. I have set up custom formats for each tray on our newly installed Laserjet 3015x and in the application we use. However, without any discernable logic, sometimes a format error message appears on the printer display asking to insert paper of set format into the tray. You can override this by pressing OK once, then selecting the same tray, then pressing OK again - and it prints just fine. But of course it is no long-term solution to always run to the printer and pressing buttons for each time you print. I have tried to change formats in the application, but this occurs quite randomly. It worked fine, after a printer restart it does not. On one PC it works, on another with exactly the same settings it does not...
I would appreciate any hints on how to disable this, I have not found any setting to do so...
Thank you very much in advance! :-)
09-04-2013 05:31 AM
09-06-2013 09:47 AM
Actually in the current setting the correct tray is chosen (2), so it asks for paper of that format to be inserted into that tray. Currently it works again, so it is really not following any logic anymore. No settings have been changed since, and the danger that it does not work again once more is great. So I really would need a way to disable this warning.
Maybe it is due to the fact, that the paper in question is borderline small, a little smaller than 110x230 mm in fact...
09-10-2013 11:45 AM
There is a workaround you can try. Put the papers in tray 1 and configure the Tray to Any Size Any type . It will pickup the papers without prompting. On the hindsight it will be pickup any paper.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series