Question

Top Student
gracewing
Message 1 of 9 (1,272 Views)

Double sided printing with 3520 all in one printer:

When I print double sided, the margin increases from 1cm to just over 2cm on R & L sides.

T & B not affected.

When I print single sided, the margins are as expected.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

PhD Student
Wixma
Message 2 of 9 (1,263 Views)

Re: Double sided printing with 3520 all in one printer:

Hello gracewing.

I guess you are trying to print in landscape orientation.

The difference in Top/Bottom margins (when printing portrait orientation) with duplexer feature is something required by the hardware of the unit. When you print single side documents, the printer will feed out the page after printing and the printable area is the widest possible. When you use the duplex feature, the printer prints the first side, but must retain the sheet to feed it in again and turn it upside down to print in the other side. Therefore, the printable area is reduced.

Hope it explains clearly how it works. There's actually nothing you can do to avoid it.

Cheers!

Wixma.
I am an HP employee.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos star in the post.
If my reply resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier by other people.
Honor Student
chicamac
Message 3 of 9 (1,250 Views)

Thanks, so I'll just test the documents and do it the old-fashioned way if the top and bottom get cropped.

PhD Student
Wixma
Message 4 of 9 (1,247 Views)

Hello chicamac.

Or you can adjust the document to make the margins wider if that fulfill your needs and print automatic duplex. Just another idea.

Cheers!

Wixma.
I am an HP employee.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos star in the post.
If my reply resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier by other people.
Top Student
gracewing
Message 5 of 9 (1,228 Views)

Thanks for tips guys.

Perhaps HP can advise on printer instal literature / manual that minimum margins are required for auto duplex documents. And what those margins need to be for different paper sizes & orientations.

Honor Student
chicamac
Message 6 of 9 (1,220 Views)

Good idea, thanks
Honor Student
macollar
Message 7 of 9 (978 Views)

Hi

You seem to know this printer.

How do I turn duplex on/off?

I bought the hp3520 yesterday and it seems to be set on auto duplex and as much as I wish to save trees, I am printing out certificates for my cub scouts and need one sided.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 9 (969 Views)

macollar wrote:

Hi

You seem to know this printer.

How do I turn duplex on/off?

I bought the hp3520 yesterday and it seems to be set on auto duplex and as much as I wish to save trees, I am printing out certificates for my cub scouts and need one sided. 

What operating system?   Generally the duplex option would be set in the driver options.  For Windows 7 this would be in the Layout section of the driver, set Print on Both Sides to None.

dj 3520.png

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
SteveUhron
Message 9 of 9 (388 Views)

How do I shut off 2 sided printing. Can't find it in settings
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation