Dumb question, how does one print back to back on the Officejet 6600/6700? (364 Views)
Top Student
ReaganMan
Message 1 of 5 (364 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dumb question, how does one print back to back on the Officejet 6600/6700?

HP Officejet 6600/6700 Model CV078A; Serial: CN2231G0D9

Vista 32-bit

Could not find in manuals or in forum.  With past HP printers I could print on both sides of the paper (e.g. Side 1 = Page 1; Side 2 = Page 2).  I can't figure how to do this with this version.  Did not see it in print options either.  Do we just print page 1.  Place it back in the paper tray; then print page 2?  This seems ackward with such an advanced machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (359 Views)

Re: Dumb question, how does one print back to back on the Officejet 6600/6700?

Hi,

This is from its manual page #36:

Print on both sides (duplexing)
You can print on both sides of a sheet of media automatically by using the automatic twosided
printing accessory (duplexer).
NOTE: Two-sided printing requires an automatic two-sided printing accessory (duplexer) to be installed on the printer.
NOTE: You can perform manual duplexing by first printing only the odd pages, flipping the pages over, and then printing only the even pages.

Do you have the duplexer on your printer ? If YES, no problem at all.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
ReaganMan
Message 3 of 5 (354 Views)

Thanks BH.  Found the Manual Duplex radio button and the option to print odd number pages.  My system still would not respond correctly.  I went ahead and printed Page 1, then put in back in the tray to print page 2, etc.  Still not sure why the features don't work.  They are there.

Do I need to download a driver, etc?

PS:  I tried to press the kudos button - but got knocked back to reenter my User and Pass.  That did not take either.  Needed to exit and start over on the Board.  No kudos button shows here - sorry.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (350 Views)

Hi,

The following link is for the 6700 series, hope your printer is in the list. You may want to try driver for your computer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=5058338

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
ReaganMan
Message 5 of 5 (346 Views)

Thanks again BH.  I think I found the solution.  Your tip on Duplex helped.  I searched the Boards and found that I needed to go to "Print" > Options > Advanced > Print > and check "Print on front of the sheet for Duplex printing" and "Print on back of the sheet for Duplex printing". 

I retried the print job and it seemed to work. 

For you HP folks this may be a Microsoft issue.  I assume that your settings would catch this at installation.  Perhaps the settings got knocked off on a MSWord update; so others may run into the same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation