Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help Jamieson,

I fixed it with help from the helpdesk.

It appears the first time I reinstalled my printer I used the CD's which are out of date, but the second time i didn't properly remove the printer software.

Now I properly removed the current drivers and installed the latest drivers which did the trick!!!

Thank You!

HP Recommended

windows 8.1 - 64 bit

printing word, excel

pages printing partially, printer status stay's printing....

making a copy, no problem, printing testpage (from printer):no problem

HP Recommended

Hello Schriekeling, and welcome to the HP Forums.

Have you tried all the steps listed in this thread?  Has it made any sort of change to the output?

In the meantime, I would suggest a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

I have come across a thread from my co-worker @JERENDS , as a workaround you can try on ENVY 4500 missing or partial print issues on Windows 8 / 8.1.

Please try these steps posted in this thread and let me know your progress goes. Have a great day! :generic:

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

We are still working on the real solution for these problems with Partial Printing and Printer being offline.

In the meantime I have put together a complete document of how to setup your printer so you will not see these issues and still use its full functionality.

The steps needed are described in this document - c04442342

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

After working with Microsoft on this issue, which was root caused as a problem with the Microsoft WSD Port which HP are using to communicate with the printer.

Microsoft have created a new version of the WSD service which I recommend you install.

This update can be found here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3000461

From our testing this update helps cure this problem.

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

HI,

I HAVE AN OFFICE JET PRO 6830. I USE IT MAINLY FOR LABELS. ALL OF A SUDDEN IT STARTED PRINTING HALF PAGES ON TWO DOCUMENTS. I SELL ON EBAY AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY. THE STRANGE THING IF I USE MY WIFES LAPTOP THRU WI-FI , IT PRINTS FULL PAGES. PLEASE HELP.

HP Recommended

Hi, same situation here with an Envy 4504 on Windows 8.1, but finally solved. It looks like network problem or bug. I was unable to detect the problem itself but found a workaround.

-Turn off your printer.

-Uninstall all  printer drivers using the control panel unistall tools.

-Remove printer device if existing in your devices and printer section on the control panel.

-Turn on your printer an let it connect ot your wifi.

-Head over devices and printer section on the control panel and hit Add Printer, select the specific driver for your printer, not the series driver.

-It will take some time to config. Once it's done, right click your recently configured printer and select printing properties.
-Head to the Ports tab and change it to the Standar TCP/IP port(It will have the printer assigned ip), then apply or accept.

-That's all, i'm printing perfectly right now.

HP Recommended

I also have experienced this issue while the printer connected directly to the computer via USB port or on Wireless connection. Then I disconnected the printer from the computer and start to print the alingment page directly from the front panel of the printer. But it did not print the complete alignment page. Instead it printed the first half of the page and then produce the printout leaving the last portion of the alignment page blank. Changing the printer cartridges with new ones did not helped me at all.

Here is the solution what I found. Lift the printer top lid like as you are going to replace the print cartridges. Behind the print cartridges towards the back you will see there are 2 gray (left & Right) movable latches. In my case those latches were not securely locked in place. So I had to slide both tabs towards opposite direction and then had to slightly press it down so that the whole assermbly unit got locked with a clicking noise.

Then I close the lid and had tried printing the alignmernt page and it printed the complete alignment page beautifully. Then I connected the printer to the computer and performed a test prinout and it printed the complete page without any issue.

HP Recommended

I found a SOLUTION! 

I was experiencing similar issues... My printer was only printing about 3/4 of the first page in a multiple page document. If you have recently upgraded to Windows 10, the please click on the link below. I did not think that a recent upgrade could contribute to my printer issues, but this was the core of the problem for me! Easy fix. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.