02-26-2014 12:28 AM
I recently purchaced an ENVY 5530 printer. It prints just fine from my phone, but will not work with my laptop. I am currently using an HP ENVY m6 notebook. I tried the troubleshooting and loaded the print and scan doctor app. After going step by step through the app, it finally prints an internal test page and tells me I have an unfixable problem and to uninstall my software and install from the factory cd. Does anybody have a fix for this? It is simply infuriating staring at this $130 paperweight.
02-28-2014 05:24 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
For being able to print from your phone this proves that the functionality of the printer, as well as the wireless connection. For not printing from the notebook, the first step I would suggest is stopping, and starting the print spooler. I have included the document 'How To Restart The Print Spooler Service In Windows 8'.
To clarify as well, when you printed the test page from the Print and Scan Doctor. Was it the first, or second test page the printed?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series