Question

Honor Student
rpmaster2
Message 1 of 3 (164 Views)

Envelope Margins can't be printed correctly using the Officejet Pro 8600

Has anyone by any chance figured out a way to print a return address on a #10 envelope using the Officejet Pro 8600 printer?

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 3 (139 Views)

Re: Envelope Margins can't be printed correctly using the Officejet Pro 8600

Hello rpmaster2,

I see that you're having issues with getting your Officejet 8600 printing correctly on envelopes. I will try to help you with this.

As it wasn't mentioned in your post, I'm not sure what program you're using to do this task. I do have a document that may help you if you are using Microsoft Word. 'Paper Mismatch,' or 'Paper Size Mismatch' Error Message Displays When Printing in Microsoft Word. (I didn't notice it mentioned in the document, but you must pick center feed for envelopes with this printer.)

If you are using another program you will have to specify which. Also, which operating system is on your computer. This will allow me to look into the issue further.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
rpmaster2
Message 3 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: Envelope Margins can't be printed correctly using the Officejet Pro 8600

I am using Microsoft Word, and the operating system is Windows Vista. The setting for envelopes is center feed. My old printer was an HP Photosmart 7160 and had no problem printing a return address, but the OJ 8600 won't allow a margin of less than about a half inch and it looks terrible. Any help would be appreciated!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation