Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@salrbob wrote:

Body,

model 4500 makes noice like its printing , but no ink. has ink in cartiage.

So is it just printing blank pages?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

@hostman

Thanks for the feedback, and glad to hear you're up running

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Yippee!  RESULT!  After loosing my sanity your suggestion finally worked.  Thanks so very much for the link. 

So simple and now I'm printing again.  Cheers hostman :))

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. My printer will make the noises and very very faintly print the job. Hyperlinks work and print clearly, however. Both ink cartridges are brand new. I ran the print tester thing and everything checks out; it's just when I try and print something that it just wont work.

HP Recommended

HP envy installed su successfully only on day one but since then it has failed to give me anything but junk labels.

This is very disappointing. I tried to uninstall it so I could re-install for corrections and it does not even permit me to uninstall. I see the print go through, but nothing prints out. Nor doest it scan.

Knowing the usual quality of HPoducts, I find this very disappointing.

HP Recommended

Hi - I have just bought a HP ENVY 4500  this morning as urgently need to print. Installation all went well 0K -  I'm using a MAC and have installed airport printers before - so all oK there. When i try to print the machine engages says it is printing, but just produces a blank page - pleazse can you help me urgently.

many thanks, Carol

HP Recommended

still not printing??  waiting for me to execute???

HP Recommended

My computer stopped printing ; hp envy.  paper goes through in two pushes and comes out blank.  The setting appear? to be correct...

Thanks,

jmic

HP Recommended

I ahve the same problem.  HP Envy 4500 printed on the  first day.  Now two days later i can't print and when I run the online diagnostic, it first sees my printer as connected and then seems not to be able to find it.  My print jobs just sit in the queue and then I cancel it when I see the error and try again to no avail.  I am connected wirelessly (and that connection is still good).  I dont want to use a USB cable, since the point was not to need one.  

HP Recommended

This solution is still effective!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.