Envy 5530 printer issues in Windows 8.1 (875 Views)
Tutor
mcf57
Message 1 of 2 (875 Views)

Envy 5530 printer issues in Windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

I recently got a Envy 5530 HP wireless printer for a famiy member.  I connected it to their newly purchased Windows 8.1 laptop at my house. All seemed good, but when they got home & turned it all on, the printer was suddently "offline". They were able to connect the printer wirelessly to their router & I could send files to its eprint address with no problems, but they were unable to get it to print directly from the laptop. It said "offline".

I used logmein remote software to go in and uninstall the printer drivers and reinstall. This seemed to fix it and it started printing from the laptop, but now after printing items, it still has jobs in the "printer queue".

Any way to clear the printer Queue for this HP printer within WIndows 8.1?

Student
steelblue
Message 2 of 2 (424 Views)

Re: Envy 5530 printer issues in Windows 8.1

Our new ENVY 5530 pcs works perfectly with the tower, which is hard wired. We cannot get a wireless connection with the laptop. Both the ENVY and the laptop are connected to the router. We follow what appear to be clear directions, but the connection between the computer and the laptop fails every time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation