Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (89 Views)

Erratic Printging

I have HP Officejet 4620.  My printer has worked fine until now.  I am getting erratic printing such as words in sentences not being printed, only the bottom portion of words are being printed, blank sheets, etc.  I have updated all software and have even purchased new balck cartridges.  What else can I do? 

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (49 Views)

Re: Erratic Printging

Hi 2713,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having issues printing.
I will be happy to help you.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

Try and print a hardware self test on the printer to find out if it is a hardware or software issue.

Printing a Network Configuration Page.

Disable the start up programs and temporarily turn off the Antivirus software to see if it will resolve the issue.

How to use MSCONFIG .

Select your operating system and select disable all on the start up tab.

Try to print again.

Then you will have to go back and enable all and turn the Antivirus back on again.

If you are still having issues then I would download and run the Print and Scan Doctor since it might resolve the issue automatically. Find and fix common printer problems using HP diagnostic tools for Windows?

If that didn't help, then I would uninstall and reinstall the printer software. The driver might be corrupted.

Uninstalling the Printer Software.

HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer Drivers.

Select your operating system, click next and click on the software to download and install.

I would also update the printer's firmware. Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

What application are you printing from?

Does this happen from any application?

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a great day.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation