05-04-2014 03:23 PM
I have HP Officejet 4620. My printer has worked fine until now. I am getting erratic printing such as words in sentences not being printed, only the bottom portion of words are being printed, blank sheets, etc. I have updated all software and have even purchased new balck cartridges. What else can I do?
05-07-2014 08:02 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums.
I see that you are having issues printing.
I will be happy to help you.
Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)
Try and print a hardware self test on the printer to find out if it is a hardware or software issue.
Disable the start up programs and temporarily turn off the Antivirus software to see if it will resolve the issue.
Select your operating system and select disable all on the start up tab.
Try to print again.
Then you will have to go back and enable all and turn the Antivirus back on again.
If you are still having issues then I would download and run the Print and Scan Doctor since it might resolve the issue automatically. Find and fix common printer problems using HP diagnostic tools for Windows?
If that didn't help, then I would uninstall and reinstall the printer software. The driver might be corrupted.
Select your operating system, click next and click on the software to download and install.
I would also update the printer's firmware. Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.
Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.
What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.
What application are you printing from?
Does this happen from any application?
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a great day.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series