Message 1 of 29 (7,842 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error Code C00E0060

Error Code C00E0060 how do you fix it? HP Officejet Pro 8500a Premium Windows 7

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 29 (7,823 Views)

Re: Error Code C00E0060

Is the error code comming up on the printer or the computer?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Krusata
Message 3 of 29 (7,810 Views)

Sorry for not replying sooner been out of town.  The error message is on the printer itself.  The screen on the 8500 comes up blue with the error numbers on it, then the screen turns white telling you to shut down and restart the printer.  All the lights around the screen and the screen itself are flashing.  If you just press the on/off button the printer will not shut down it just goes through the startup process and then gives the same error you have to press and hold then the printer will turn off.  I have tried to unplug from the back of the printer, from the wall nothing is helping.  I've some postings that other people have had the same problem but HP doesn't have any info on that problem.  Your help is really appreciated on this problem.  Thanks!

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 29 (7,793 Views)

The error you are getting is a fatal error in the firmware of the printer.  There is nothing that you can do beyond what you have done.  I would check the warranty.  If you're still in warranty, give HP tech support a call.  This is something that they should replace the printer for if it's still under warranty.  You can reach tech support at 1-800-474-6836 in the US and Canada, international users click here.  If you are out of warranty, you will need to get anothter printer.  Sorry.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Krusata
Message 5 of 29 (7,788 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I've owned HP since my first printer years ago.  We have a business that we use the printers for the only problem is that we have gone through two all in one laser printers and now this one in the last 6 years.  Plus we had to buy a small printer (HP) to get our billing out one month when the laser went down.  After we bought the 8500a we still wanted laser printing so we bought a Laserjet Pro 400.  I have finally had enough of the dependability of HP and now have decided to go with another manufacture.  HP makes a nice product but can't afford the company any more.  HP has to know that their dependability isn't very good to bad they wouldn't make good on something they know is going to break. 

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 29 (7,751 Views)

I sent your comments up to the right people.  They should be in contact with you before long.  

Signature
Top Student
Krusata
Message 7 of 29 (7,734 Views)

Talked with technical support and explained to them that we have only bought HP printers for the last 20 - 25 years and that we have purchased five printers in the last six years (three of which went to the printer graveyard -2 all in one lasers and this 8500a).  The only thing offered was to buy another at the advertised price on HP website and make sure to buy the extended warranty at full price.  This is not to mention the seven ink cartridges we have setting on the shelf.  Big KUDOS to HP!!!!!!!!

Honor Student
usah64
Message 8 of 29 (5,111 Views)

This is not the fatal error that was told to some folks.  I was told to restart printer after two minutes with no joy.  So I tried it again and waited till it started to spool and then it happen again with code 060.  So I pushed the off button and waited till it spooled again and figured out that the top paper feed is checked first and thats when it failed. So I hit the off button again and when it reached the spool portion I opened the top feed door and shut it and it was fine.  So when it happened again I did the same and its been working ever since.  So I am not sold on the kiss of death.  I think it is a bad design with the top feed tray. 

Tutor
FYE-Philly
Message 9 of 29 (4,551 Views)

Beautiful! This seems to have done the trick. I just started working in this office and the printer was jammed, i finally cleared it and it gave me this error when restarting. I don't know if it had been doing this before or not, but your solution did the trick in getting it to finally finish starting up.

Tutor
FYE-Philly
Message 10 of 29 (4,539 Views)

I may have spoken too soon. It did in fact work that first time. But After a while of being on, i noticed the touch screen was just displaying the HP logo, with a loading bar. Not sure when or why this happened. I couldn't turn off the printer with the power button, so i unplugged it. After restarting it, the printer gives me that error no matter what, even if i have the top feed open.

Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation