Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 120 CZ022A
OS X

Hello, recently I've been getting a blue screen on my printer. Some times it will eventually go away. The error codes also seem to change. 

Right now it shows as: C4EB96C3

I've seen: C4EBA63D and C4EBA7C1

The blue screen comes up more and more often now. Every 10 times (After plugging it in and unplugging it) or so the printer will work and I'll be able to print. I've tried downloading and installing the HP Update software utiltiy and firmware. I can't seem to install the firmare on to the printer, I keep getting an error message saying the printer cannot be found and to make sure it is connected. I am able to print even though I'm getting this error message. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure that the printer is connected using a USB cable to sucessfully update the firmware.

Also make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall jack and not a surge protector, this should solve your problem.

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

I've plugged it right into the wall and I've also attached to the computer via USB. I've also downloaded the most recent driver for the printer as well. 

I'm also getting an error message that the scanner is no longer working. (This happened just today)

Is there a mac version of the ciritical update? I've tried updating it via my windows computer and no luck. 

HP Recommended

I've also just downloaded the MAC version of the firmware updater and not able to find it either. I even tried via typing in the printers IP address to no avail. Please help. 

HP Recommended

Hello, 

It seems to be an issue with the printer hardware not responding..

However please try the below steps ...

1. While the printer is ON, remove the ink cartridges
  2. While the printer is ON, Unplug the power cord from back of the printer
  3. Power Off the Wireless Router.
  4. Wait for 60 seconds.
  5. Plug in the power cord of the printer directly to a wall outlet ( bypass the surge / power strip ) and then to the printer.
  6. If printer does not Power ON automatically, press the ON button to do so.
  7. Install the cartridges when prompted.
  8. Try making a Copy and only then power on the Wireless router.

If issue still exists, please call HP Tech Support for further assistance as the printer need to be SERVICED.

If you are in US , the toll free # is 1-800-474-6836 .

If you are not in US , then log on to www.hp.com , at bottom-left corner there is a world map icon, click on it and then select the region you belong to, which would then provide support options for you for that region.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Rebooting the printer didn't help. I still can't upgrade the firmware, and if I'm lucky, the home screen will pop up and I'm able to print. 

Called HP support and they walked me through the same thing. And then since the printer is out of warranty, their only option was buy a new printer. Seriously? I can't even pay for a repair?! Well this sucks. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.