Question

Honor Student
IrishRoss
Message 1 of 10 (4,727 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error: Printer Validation Failed

Hi guys, new here.

I am trying to print via Microsoft Word to my HP Photosmart 6C100 Series printer from my HP Envy m6 laptop via a wi-fi connection but upon clicking on the printer from 'HP ePrint', I get the error 'Printer Validation Failed'. I am using Windows 8. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Ross

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 10 (4,705 Views)

Re: Error: Printer Validation Failed

Are you trying to print to a C6100 series printer using the HP ePrint Driver?

What specific model of the C6100 series do you have?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
IrishRoss
Message 3 of 10 (4,690 Views)

Yes I am. 

Upon inspecting the actual printer itself, I can get 'HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One'.

From the 'ePrint' application on my pc, it says 'HP Photosmart C6100 Series'.

I've only just realised these are different numbers, does this make a difference?

(In the ePrint window, under Hp Photmsart C6100 Series, it says '(MYNAMEHERE)', so I'm assuming it's the same printer, right?

Thanks for the reply,

Ross.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 10 (4,670 Views)

That printer doesn't work with the ePrint Driver.  That's why you keep getting that error.  I'm not really sure why it's even picking up the printer.  To get the printer to work with your computer, you can use the InOS driver that is built into Windows 8, or you can use the full software and driver download from HP.  I'll link the download below.  The InOS driver should just pick up and install the network printer without telling you.  If it's not, try installing the software below to print and scan with the C6180.

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Intern
CodyE
Message 5 of 10 (4,325 Views)

Shane_R is correct -- the printer is not supported by the ePrint Driver and should not show up.  Ross, do you have a Mac on your network that uses the printer?  If so, if it is set to share the printer, it will be advertised in a similar manner as a printer would advertise itself for discovery by the ePrint driver on your network.  This would be why it shows up as a discovered device, but the validation fails as the ePrint driver then looks deeper to determine if it is able to print to the printer.

I work for HP.
Honor Student
pacnow
Message 6 of 10 (3,363 Views)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03722645#N954

It appears the 1102w is infact a supported printer! Why does it not print?

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 7 of 10 (3,344 Views)

Hi pacnow,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues printing from you Laserjet P1102w. 

You are correct that your printer does support AirPrint and ePrint functionality. To better assist you can you please provide some further information, I don't want to assume you have the same setup as the original poster on this thread.

1)            How is your printer connected (USB cable, ethernet or wireless)?

2)            What operating system is running on the computer you used to setup the printer (Windows, Mac)?

3)            What type of device are you trying to print from (laptop, desktop computer, tablet, smartphone)?

4)            Can you please let me know what steps you are taking when you received the error message?

5)            What is the exact error message you receive?

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
pacnow
Message 8 of 10 (3,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
happytohelp01, my printer is connected via wireless as it only has wireless or USB and you cannot send hp eprint jobs via USB natively. The laptop pc I used to test was windows 7 x86. Steps, flashed printer firmware to latest, nvram reset the firmware on the printer, installed hp eprint mobile print driver 4.5 from the hp web site, connect pc to same network the printer is on, select file and print to the hp eprint target. Select the target printer from the list, error message appears just as the opening poster describes 'printer validation failed'. Game over roll the credits...
HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 9 of 10 (3,272 Views)

Hi pacnow,

Thank you for the information.  It was very helpful.

I would recommend that you install the full feature software and drivers for Windows 7 onto your computer. I have included a document on installing the printer wirelessly.  If you have already installed the printer on your computer for a USB connection the document has steps on how to switch to a wireless connection from a USB connection.

Once you have the full feature software and drivers installed on the computer then we can setup the ePrint functionality of the printer. I have included a document that details the steps to enable web services on your printer and how to print using ePrint once it's set up.

Installing the Printer on a Wireless Network

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02847467

Getting Started with ePrint

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03128518

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Intern
CodyE
Message 10 of 10 (1,868 Views)

pacnow, based on your report, we found and fixed an issue with the ePrint driver printing to the LaserJet Pro P1102 as well as the LaserJet Pro P1606.  The next release of the ePrint driver later this year will contain this fix (the 4.6 version release in December of 2013 does NOT have the fix).  Thank you for reporting your issue.

I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation