Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Now you're testing me as I can't answer that question without knowing how to check them.

What I'm doing is checking for Windows updates and when I do this photosmart printer comes up but after trying to install the listed update it fails and comes up with the error code. I think that I've already mentioned the problems with the AMD drivers - which I don't think are unique to me and seem to be caused by the age of my laptop - but whether or not this has any bearing on the problem I don't know.

HP Recommended

By turning off the auto updates you can test the HP drivers b4 Microsoft rewrites them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

OK thanks. I think that I'll leave that until tomorrow and see what happens. It might also help with the AMD drivers. Please check back with me tomorrow. I'll post a further message after I've worked on it and let you know the results

HP Recommended

Here I am again, 8lives, and some sort of progress has been made but don't ask me how it happened!

I am no longer being told by Windows that the offending update can't be completed after 2 hours playing around on my laptop following our discussions yesterday. What happened is beyond me and I don't know if the problem will return. I can't find any indication anywhere that the update has been installed so maybe I did something unknowingly to put things right!

On the subject of the AMD drivers they definitely don't seem to be working. This is presumably a Windows problem rather than one for this forum so I've posted a request for help on the Microsoft community forum under the title AMD drivers not working should you wish to keep in touch with the outcome.

Anyway, thanks for your interest and suggestions, which, by one means or another, have led to some success.

GordonW 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update.

There will be a major service pack release in Nov/2015 for Win 10.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for that info. I wonder what gems will arrive on my laptop when that is released.!

HP Recommended

I had this same problem and cannot remember how I fixed it, but now that the Windows 10 sevice pack has been installed, I have the problem again  😞   I cannot remember how I fixed it the last time, and I am SO FRUSTRATED!!!!:womanmad:

Spoiler

HP Recommended

@LMb01, have you checked the HP site for Windows 10 drivers for your HP computer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.