07-03-2012 09:51 AM
Printer is a HP Officejet 6500A Plus. Was working fine but we had a brief power outage.
Now the printer displays 83C00009. I have tried unplugging and turning off. Still nothing.
07-03-2012 10:59 AM - edited 07-03-2012 11:02 AM
Reset the product
- Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.NOTE:The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ).Figure 2: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
- Remove the cartridges from the product.
- Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
- Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product.
- Try printing again.
Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status,
Go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series