Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Problem is a document setting in the printer's queue that I clicked "cancel".  The status section shows " Deleting-Pr", however,

nothing has happened.  When I click on "cancel" again I get an "Error processing command" .  What can I do? has I have other documents that I want to print.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What printer do you have?

What OS are you using?

How is the printer connected to the computer?

Have you tried using the HP Print and Scan Dr. to clear up the problem?  If so, what happened?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Still,.. need an answer,...one job in the printer queue,.. will NOT delete or cancel.  Printer was and has been workin' fine,.. but now I need to clear the buffer,.. it copies documents fine,.. but wil not accept a new job !!!  No new hookups,.. nothing has changed from the last printer job,.. but is jammed !!

HP Recommended

Hi jdseal,

I understand that you are having an issue removing a print job from the queue. I will try my best to help you with this issue. Could you please tell me the Model Number of your printer and the operating system you are running on your computer. You can try restarting the Print Spooler. Go to search and type services.msc and open the services file, then scroll down the list and right click on Print Spooler and click on restart.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

My printer will not print from my computer, I get error processing command.  I have tried to cance this task, but it will not cancel.  What can I do?

HP Recommended

Hello RonSD.

I understand you are receiving an error "Processing Command" when printing a document. What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number.

What is your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

If you have a Windows computer, then please follow these steps from this Mircsoft document on "Error Processing Command," and will not Print.

In this document, please skip "uninstall/reinstall printer software". I will assist you further once you verify this information.

Looking forward to hear from you.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have a photosmart C4780 and this was working fine until recently and has now stopped. I have followed all the tips and instructions as posted, I have used HP support assistance and have unistalled and reinstalled software, I have also unplugged the item and stop/start the pooling.

I am connected to the network wirelessly and it states that the connection is fine, but I am still unable to print any documents, when I do it states error processing command.

please can you help,

@Cheetah12 wrote:

Hello @RonSD.

I understand you are receiving an error "Processing Command" when printing a document. What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number.

If you have a Windows computer, then please follow these steps from this Mircsoft document on "Error Processing Command," and will not Print.

In this document, please skip "uninstall/reinstall printer software". I will assist you further once you verify this information.

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi my model number is C4780, i am using windows and it is connected wirelessly.

I have also followed the information in the link you provided

Thanks

Jm72

@jm72 wrote:

I have a photosmart C4780 and this was working fine until recently and has now stopped. I have followed all the tips and instructions as posted, I have used HP support assistance and have unistalled and reinstalled software, I have also unplugged the item and stop/start the pooling.

I am connected to the network wirelessly and it states that the connection is fine, but I am still unable to print any documents, when I do it states error processing command.

please can you help,

@Cheetah12 wrote:

Hello @RonSD.

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.