Question

DV Honor Student
Honor Student
DV
Message 1 of 8 (2,233 Views)

Error processing command when trying to delete or restart a document from the printer queue

Problem is a document setting in the printer's queue that I clicked "cancel".  The status section shows " Deleting-Pr", however,

nothing has happened.  When I click on "cancel" again I get an "Error processing command" .  What can I do? has I have other documents that I want to print.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 8 (2,220 Views)

Re: Error processing command when trying to delete or restart a document from the printer queue

What printer do you have?

What OS are you using?

How is the printer connected to the computer?

Have you tried using the HP Print and Scan Dr. to clear up the problem?  If so, what happened?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
jdseal
Message 3 of 8 (1,393 Views)

Re: Error processing command when trying to delete or restart a document from the printer queue

Still,.. need an answer,...one job in the printer queue,.. will NOT delete or cancel.  Printer was and has been workin' fine,.. but now I need to clear the buffer,.. it copies documents fine,.. but wil not accept a new job !!!  No new hookups,.. nothing has changed from the last printer job,.. but is jammed !!

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 4 of 8 (1,381 Views)

Hi jdseal,

I understand that you are having an issue removing a print job from the queue. I will try my best to help you with this issue. Could you please tell me the Model Number of your printer and the operating system you are running on your computer. You can try restarting the Print Spooler. Go to search and type services.msc and open the services file, then scroll down the list and right click on Print Spooler and click on restart.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Student
RonSD
Message 5 of 8 (1,341 Views)

My printer will not print from my computer, I get error processing command.  I have tried to cance this task, but it will not cancel.  What can I do?

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 6 of 8 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello RonSD.

I understand you are receiving an error "Processing Command" when printing a document. What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number.

What is your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

If you have a Windows computer, then please follow these steps from this Mircsoft document on "Error Processing Command," and will not Print.

In this document, please skip "uninstall/reinstall printer software". I will assist you further once you verify this information.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
jm72
Message 7 of 8 (1,207 Views)

I have a photosmart C4780 and this was working fine until recently and has now stopped. I have followed all the tips and instructions as posted, I have used HP support assistance and have unistalled and reinstalled software, I have also unplugged the item and stop/start the pooling.

I am connected to the network wirelessly and it states that the connection is fine, but I am still unable to print any documents, when I do it states error processing command.

please can you help,

Cheetah12 wrote:

Hello RonSD.

I understand you are receiving an error "Processing Command" when printing a document. What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number.

If you have a Windows computer, then please follow these steps from this Mircsoft document on "Error Processing Command," and will not Print.

In this document, please skip "uninstall/reinstall printer software". I will assist you further once you verify this information.

thanks

Honor Student
jm72
Message 8 of 8 (1,206 Views)

Hi my model number is C4780, i am using windows and it is connected wirelessly.

I have also followed the information in the link you provided

Thanks

Jm72

jm72 wrote:

I have a photosmart C4780 and this was working fine until recently and has now stopped. I have followed all the tips and instructions as posted, I have used HP support assistance and have unistalled and reinstalled software, I have also unplugged the item and stop/start the pooling.

I am connected to the network wirelessly and it states that the connection is fine, but I am still unable to print any documents, when I do it states error processing command.

please can you help,

Cheetah12 wrote:

Hello RonSD.

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation