Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - it is the second one (had to take the first one back to Office Depot after it continued to get paper jams - especially after two sided copying).  Should have just got my money back.  Now we can't connect wirelessly to a second printer and laptop, plus - JUST LIKE THE FIRST ONE - every time it completes a print job, an extra piece of paper is ejected.  Frustrating.  Also, I do not like that the way it has been set up to load paper.  Each time, you have to push in the part that catches the paper after printing and if you forget to pull it back out, the printer cannot push the paper out fully and sometimes it pulls it back into the printer (I guess, thinking it is for two sided copying???).  I had the earlier version of this printer for 2 years and loved it.  Can't believe they made the follow up worse instead of better.  Argggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello dawso008

I have a few questions to help with troubleshooting and understand the problems that are occurring.

You mention two computers, what operating systems are they running? How are the computers connected to the printer? Are they both on the network? Do all print jobs print correctly with the exception of the extra sheet of paper it feeds.

Could you re-explain the problem with loading paper? I'm not sure if you are explaining it right. I am most confused about "Each time, you have to push in the part that catches the paper after printing and if you forget to pull it back out, the printer cannot push the paper out fully and sometimes it pulls it back into the printer".

Loading Plain Paper and Specialty Media

Are you using the two sided copy feature?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hello dawso008

Did you manage to resolve your problem? If so was it my steps or did you find your own solution? If not, answer my questions above and I will try my best to assist you.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended

No, you did not answer my problem question.  Every time the printer completes a printing job (one sided), an extra sheet of paper is ejected (with nothing on it).  Every single time.   It isn't my word documents - I have checked and they do not extend below the text on to a blank sheet.  I am operating with a windows system.  Both computers are on the same system network and they are connected with a wireless network.   The word system is Windows 7.  My husband just called and he thinks the problem comes from a new software or change in the system because his HP printer is now doing this same thing (and it wasn't before now). 

Please advise on how to fix this frustrating problem. 

Thank you.  Carol Dawson

HP Recommended

Hello Carol

Are you using Windows 7 and Office 2007? You mentioned your system is Windows but did not specify and said your Word system is Windows 7, so I am a little confused.

HP Recommended

I have windows 7 Professional , like I said in the earlier correspondence, that is my windows program.  I have a 64 bit operating system.  The connection is wireless between my HP and two computers.  My printer is HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus (HPE 410f); however, both mine and my husband's HP are doing the exact same thing, PLUS I just googled this problem and apparently MANY are having this problem across the internet - talking about how this is frustrating.  So, it clearly is a problem in your system or software.  Good to know it isn't just my problem.  I guarantee this sort of thing will lose customers for HP... one by one.  If you care at all, you will forward this problem to a supervisor who will pass along what he/she already knows about this problem.  You cannot act as if you have no idea what I'm talking about, since it is all over the internet.  {Content Removed}

HP Recommended

Travis,

You missed the issues that DAW** is most concerned about.  

1) This 8600 printer ejects a blank piece of paper after every print job.  I would like to know how to cghange the settings so that this is stopped.  

Having to separate blank paper from my print job and then put it back in the paper tray is frustrating because:

2) the paper catcher that is just above the paper tray must be EXTENDED in order to keep your print job from falling to the floor BUT

3) the paper catcher must be pushed fully back into its storage slot in order to refill and replace the paper supply tray.  This is an annoyance and time waster.

So, would you please tell me where to change the settings for this printer that will STOP the printer from ejecting a blank piece of paper with every print job.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  Once with the HP Office Jet Pro 8600 I used for years without the issue until recently.  Then, with a replacement Officejet Pro 8600 Plus which after installation had the same issue from the start.

Have you been able to resolve the issue?  Thank you!

HP Recommended

aktiow 

No, and HP support staff act like they know nothing about the issue.  For a while - a long time really, my printer will behave and not shoot our extra blank sheets.  But, recently it started again.   I haven't tried a power down and re-power up (I am in an area subject to rainstorms and lightening) since it started acting up again.   But, I really think that is supersitious in this case.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I will share a fix if I am able to find one.  Thank you for the feedback.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.