03-17-2014 02:18 PM
When I print gmail documents the entire document as seen on the screen is not printing. It is skipping the first or second line and then sometimes other lines within the text of the document. I'ver reinstalled Chrome and the HP 8600 firmware but it still omits lines. Anyone had this problem or knows a solution?
03-20-2014 08:29 AM
I understand the email is missing lines of text.
I will be happy to help you.
Here is a document for you to go through the steps to try and resolve the issue for Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.
Do you have the same results when printing from all applications?
Are you using Genuine HP Cartridges?
Check the date on the cartridges to make sure they are still in warranty. (not old stock)
What are the ink levels?
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a wonderful day!
03-25-2014 11:12 AM
The printing is fine on applications other than gmail. It not an ink or printer hardware issue from my guess. It is something to do with Chrome or Gmails print commands to the HP 8600. If anyone has a clue what is not set right or what default setting might solve this please post a solution.
03-26-2014 06:44 AM
I would update the browser to see if that will resolve the issue.
Clear out the cache and cookies, disable the add ons, including adblock.
Try another browser to see if you have the same results.
Here is a URL with other users having the same issue using Chrome that you may like to take a look at.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series