Question

Honor Student
Vailrider
Message 1 of 4 (226 Views)

Gmail print issue

When I print gmail documents the entire document as seen on the screen is not printing.  It is skipping the first or second line and then sometimes other lines within the text of the document.  I'ver reinstalled Chrome and the HP 8600 firmware but it still omits lines.   Anyone had this problem or knows a solution?

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 4 (201 Views)

Re: Gmail print issue

Hi Vailrider,

I understand the email is missing lines of text.

I will be happy to help you.

Here is a document for you to go through the steps to try and resolve the issue for Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.

Do you have the same results when printing from all applications?

Are you using Genuine HP Cartridges?
Check the date on the cartridges to make sure they are still in warranty. (not old stock)
What are the ink levels?

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a wonderful day!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Vailrider
Message 3 of 4 (181 Views)

The printing is fine on applications other than gmail.  It not an ink or printer hardware issue from my guess.  It is something to do with Chrome or Gmails print commands to the HP 8600. If anyone has a clue what is not set right or what default setting might solve this please post a solution. 

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 4 (174 Views)

Hi Vailrider,

I would update the browser to see if that will resolve the issue.

Clear out the cache and cookies, disable the add ons, including adblock.

Try another browser to see if you have the same results.

Here is a URL with other users having the same issue using Chrome that you may like to take a look at.

Missing text when printing from Gmail.

Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation