01-06-2014 02:19 PM
In this case all you can try to do is remove components like the RAM and HD to see if you can isolate where the issue is. If you can get the printer to behave differently then you should have a clue as to what has burned out on you.
If you cannot determine where in the boot process the printer is stalling then the formatter is most likely fried and the printer should be replaced.
The Service Manual does not offer any advanced troubleshooting steps for this printer model in this situation unfortunetly. Sometimes HP will lay out in detail the various steps in the power-on/boot proceedure which can be nice. All they suggest here is trying a different power source.
My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
07-09-2015 03:12 AM
have brand new printer and it keeps telling me paper jam and shows me what to do, this however does not fix the problem. Then it will try to initialize and then goes back to telling me paper jam............
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)