Question

Student
Guinness2012
Message 1 of 2 (172 Views)

HP 2610 cartridge error

I have an HP 2610 All in One printer and am getting the "Check Color Cartridge" error. I have replaced both the color and black cartridges with brand new ones, cleaned the contacts, and pretty much done everything detailed in the article 'Incorrect Cartridge', 'Incompatible Cartridge', or other Cartridge Problem Message Displays.

If I remove the color cartridge, it asks me to put a cartridge in the left stall. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to print in backup mode (or scan or anything else). I have also done partial and factory resets. I'm all out of ideas on how to clear the error.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 2 (152 Views)

Re: HP 2610 cartridge error

Hi Guinness2012,

I have linked a document that gives you the steps for an Ink System Reset.  Click Here  Ignore the title of the document.  It is important to do the steps in the exact order as listed.

For Step 3, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on, then unplug the other end from the power source, wait a minute and plug the cord directly to a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup), and then into the back of the printer.  The printer should power back up and start asking for the ink cartridges.  Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation