03-03-2013 03:25 PM
I have an HP 2610 All in One printer and am getting the "Check Color Cartridge" error. I have replaced both the color and black cartridges with brand new ones, cleaned the contacts, and pretty much done everything detailed in the article 'Incorrect Cartridge', 'Incompatible Cartridge', or other Cartridge Problem Message Displays.
If I remove the color cartridge, it asks me to put a cartridge in the left stall. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to print in backup mode (or scan or anything else). I have also done partial and factory resets. I'm all out of ideas on how to clear the error.
03-14-2013 12:35 PM
I have linked a document that gives you the steps for an Ink System Reset. Click Here Ignore the title of the document. It is important to do the steps in the exact order as listed.
For Step 3, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on, then unplug the other end from the power source, wait a minute and plug the cord directly to a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup), and then into the back of the printer. The printer should power back up and start asking for the ink cartridges. Let me know how it goes.
Good Luck !
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)