12-09-2013 07:04 PM
I have a chronic error message: "Remove and check color cartridge" preventing any action. Removed and replaced with reoccurring message. Installed NEW cartridge, it would not align and the error message repeated. I have rebooted the machine several times with and without the cartridge without effect. Any suggestions?
12-10-2013 03:08 PM
Check the x-bias-spring as shown in the post here. If the spring is dislodged but has not damaged the flex it may be possible to move it back into position and then glue it in place with a bit of epoxy.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
12-14-2013 04:55 AM
This reply was helpful to see, there is no damage but the spring is dislodged; can you provide a photograph of what it looks like when it is in the correct position which would give me a clue as to where to glue the loose end?
Thank you kindly,
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series