07-10-2013 10:44 AM
My client has an HP 2840. It has been a powerful workhorse for him. Suddenly, it is doing something very strange. It will not print faxes he receives. If I send him a fax, I can hear the ringing in the 2840, and then nothing. I get a confirmation message that that the fax has been delivered successfully, but it never prints. When I print a fax report, it doesn't show that any fax ever came in. His machine is set to print, not to deliver the fax to the PC. We have already tried to re-initalize the fax file system, and that did nothing. Does anybody have any ideas?
07-10-2013 12:41 PM
Any time there is a random faxing problem with an HP printer the best thing to do is to perform a Cold Reset of the device. Cold Resets will wipe out the temporary memory on the machine and purge any glitches in the fax modem. It really is the best tool that HP has to offer.
Cold Reset (NVRAM initialization) 2840:
After the reset is complete then reconfigure the fax machine for your enviornment. If you have the option to disable a feature called Error Correction then I suggest you do so. Give the fax machine a call from a phone and make sure it can pick up with the usual fax answer tones/screeches. After that you should be good to send a normal fax message through.
My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
07-10-2013 07:09 PM
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series