07-05-2014 02:08 AM
I have a HP 4500 with paper issues.
The printer doesn't like taking paper as normal. Sometimes I have to remove the paper and then once it's told me it's out of paper it's ok and othertimes I have to let it take paper as it's rollers as whizzing round. If I let it take paper by it's self it usually takes the paper to far (before starting to part), leaving a few inches sticking out the output and then pauses - maybe knowing it's now too far down the page??
IS there a sensor what may just need a clean?
PLEASE PLEASE don't just post asking me to phone HP, the printer is 2 years old and I live i the UK.
This question was solved. View Solution.
Re: HP 4500 OfficeJet Paper Input Issues
07-11-2014 08:36 AM
Sold the paper tray for £15 and the PowerPack for £7 on ebay.
off to buy an Epson.....
07-06-2014 02:41 AM
Thanks for this link. - I'd seen, and followed it already however I'm grateful for you adding as I may not had seen it.
My 4500 is picking up paper, the issue is that it's too eager. It's like it picks up paper but the printer isn't actully aware of it untill it's too late. Normally a printer picks up the paper and then the rollers stop once the page is in the correct position. (Older members may remeber LF buttons on dot matrix printers were the end user had the line up the paper and then click online). With my printer it's taking the paper perfectly fine and then stops once the paper is a good few inches sticking out of the output - then is pauses knowing it's done bad but unsure of what to do next. The only way I can successfully print is to perfectly time when I insert the paper into the spinning rollers or sometimes if there's no paper the printer will successfully pick up and align paper after a 'paper out failure' message.
Taking the printer to be serviced isn't an economical option, it's over two years old.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series