04-22-2013 09:51 PM
The printer only jams when printing duplex. The paper will pass through fine on the first pass, but it will jam at the top cover of the printer. According to a pdf manual, it is a "crumple jam in the fuser," but this hasn't helped me out. It does not jam because of multiple pieces of paper in the feed, it always jams with just a single piece of paper. I have cleaned several parts of the printer and loaded new paper several times. Oddly enough, after doing the aforementioned activities, it printed 3-4 pages fine and then jammed on the next paper. One oddity that I feel compelled to mention is that everytime I have opened the top cover to examine the jam, the leading edge of the paper is tilted at an angle so that one side of the edge is higher than the other by a slight amount. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
04-24-2013 01:32 PM - edited 04-24-2013 01:34 PM
Sounds like there might be something in the duplexor that might be causing this printer to jam when it duplexes, if I understand the issue correctly. At this time, here are a couple documents on paper jams and possible causes/ways to resolve them.
Let me know if this information helps you out or if there is something more that I can do!
I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)