07-28-2012 12:11 PM
My HP6500A printer freezes when my computer goes to sleep mode. It will not print nor can I turn it off. I have to unplug the power cord to make the printer respond.
07-28-2012 12:15 PM - edited 07-28-2012 12:16 PM
How the printer connected to your PC, via USB or through the network?
If you use USB, how long the cable is, is it connected directly?
For wireless, how far the printer located from your router?
And finally, to verify the exact model - is it the Officejet 6500A Plus (E710n) or the 6500 Wireless (E709n)?
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
07-28-2012 12:18 PM
It is connected with USB Cord...the six foot cord...I think. It may be a little more or less. The printer is side by side with the computer. Do not know if the printer is fixed...I just unplugged it and started over and the computer has not gone into sleep mode since then. Thanks.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)