Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (866 Views)

I have new HP cartridges in my 6515. The black cartridge will not print. Alignment fails.Only blue ink will print on the alignment page. All other cartridges are working. I have a 564XL black cartridge and 564 color cartridges.

Accepted Solution

HP 6515

I am terribly sorry for the wrong link. I normally check them behind myself, but somehow missed this one.

Please click here for the correct print quality document. This document is for the Photosmart 6515 as you mentioned.
View solution in context
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 5 (850 Views)
If the alignment is failing, then the printer is detecting the problem with the black printout. There is a document with steps to help troubleshoot alignment failed condition.

This document can be found here.

Let me know how it goes.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (840 Views)

Re: HP 6515

Thank you for your assistance. The document you sent applies to a power issue. I do not have a power issue.

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 5 (836 Views)
I am terribly sorry for the wrong link. I normally check them behind myself, but somehow missed this one.

Please click here for the correct print quality document. This document is for the Photosmart 6515 as you mentioned.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
Message 5 of 5 (532 Views)

Re: HP 6515

I cannot print out anything in black.  This is a new cartridge, and it worked for a few pages and now quit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation