Question

Honor Student
peg2nd
Message 1 of 5 (738 Views)

I have new HP cartridges in my 6515. The black cartridge will not print. Alignment fails.Only blue ink will print on the alignment page. All other cartridges are working. I have a 564XL black cartridge and 564 color cartridges.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 5 (722 Views)
If the alignment is failing, then the printer is detecting the problem with the black printout. There is a document with steps to help troubleshoot alignment failed condition.

This document can be found here.

Let me know how it goes.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
peg2nd
Message 3 of 5 (712 Views)

Re: HP 6515

Thank you for your assistance. The document you sent applies to a power issue. I do not have a power issue.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 5 (708 Views)
I am terribly sorry for the wrong link. I normally check them behind myself, but somehow missed this one.

Please click here for the correct print quality document. This document is for the Photosmart 6515 as you mentioned.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
lj888
Message 5 of 5 (404 Views)

Re: HP 6515

I cannot print out anything in black.  This is a new cartridge, and it worked for a few pages and now quit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation