12-10-2013 04:28 PM
This printer was working fine one moment, and then this happened the next.
Printer will no longer print. I've tried checking for a paper jam, installed new HP cartridges, reset the printer by unplugging when on, checked for carraige jam, etc. Carraige seems to move freely, and sometimes it behaves as if it's cleaning the heads and I can hear it moving back and forth. Then it stops, and the power and resume lights begin flashing, with two solid ink lights.
I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor, which stopped at "Device Status" and reported "Device Error Deteted: Service Stall" and recommended resetting the printer or going online for help.
So is this just built-in obsolesences? Or is there a way to fix it?
12-11-2013 06:53 AM
Please find the blinking light document for your printer
If this does not resolve the issue may be the printer needs a replacement
I am an HP employee
However the post are my own.
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
12-11-2013 01:40 PM
The Power and Resume lights do flash in unison, but I haven't found any HP documentation yet that also mentions the ink lights both being lit (even with new cartridges).
Just seems like such a waste to toss it out because of an error code, especailly when it was working perfectly fine yesterday. :-(
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series