Question

Honor Student
ThatTimGuy
Message 1 of 3 (146 Views)

HP 6540: Power and Resume lights flashing, ink lights both on but not flashing.

This printer was working fine one moment, and then this happened the next.

Printer will no longer print. I've tried checking for a paper jam, installed new HP cartridges, reset the printer by unplugging when on, checked for carraige jam, etc. Carraige seems to move freely, and sometimes it behaves as if it's cleaning the heads and I can hear it moving back and forth. Then it stops, and the power and resume lights begin flashing, with two solid ink lights.

I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor, which stopped at "Device Status" and reported "Device Error Deteted: Service Stall" and recommended resetting the printer or going online for help.  

So is this just built-in obsolesences? Or is there a way to fix it?

Teacher
Mugu
Message 2 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: HP 6540: Power and Resume lights flashing, ink lights both on but not flashing.

Hi

Please find the blinking light document for your printer

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00186624&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

If this does not resolve the issue may be the printer needs a replacement

Regards

Mugu

I am an HP employee
However the post are my own.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
ThatTimGuy
Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)

Re: HP 6540: Power and Resume lights flashing, ink lights both on but not flashing.

Thanks Mugu,

The Power and Resume lights do flash in unison, but I haven't found any HP documentation yet that also mentions the ink lights both being lit (even with new cartridges).

Just seems like such a waste to toss it out because of an error code, especailly when it was working perfectly fine yesterday. :-(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation