Question

Honor Student
RichSmall
Message 1 of 6 (688 Views)

HP All-In-One 7410 carriage jam

I had a paper jam, cleared it out and all looks okay, then I got a "carriage jam" notice.  I cannot find anything wrong. i removed the back, cleared and cleaned, checked the ink cartridges carrier and it seems to move back and forth.  Checked the carriage cables and they seem to be okay.  Still give the messwage "Carriage Jam".

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 6 (670 Views)

Re: HP All-In-One 7410 carriage jam

Hello RichSmall,

Have you tried removing the cartridges and reinserting them?

If that doesn't work you may have to do a power reset on the printer

Use the following steps to perform a reset.

1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
  4. Wait 15 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.
  7. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
RichSmall
Message 3 of 6 (664 Views)

I did everything you suggested but did not unplug the supply cord from the outlet when resetting the printer.  I will try again.  Thanks for the help.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 6 (656 Views)

Hello RichSmall,

The reason to remove teh supply cord from the wall outlet is to remove the flow of electricity through the cable and to completely discharge it.

Was you able to get your carriage jam issue resolved?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
RichSmall
Message 5 of 6 (651 Views)

I am still struggling with it.  I plan to give it another careful cleaning, shut down all power and see if that helps.  I am not very confident that it will work  because I did it a couple of times without success. 

Thanks for any help. 

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 6 of 6 (647 Views)

Hello RichSmall,

When you get around to cleaning it again. I would review the carriage jam article from HP to help ensure you are following all the steps possible to clear the message.

'Clear carriage jam and press OK to continue' Message Appears on the All-in-One

- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation