Question

Honor Student
Alfer09
Message 1 of 39 (33,266 Views)

HP B210 all-in-one Photosmart Plus won't print black when new black cartridge installed!!

Ugh!! This printer is driving us insane!

EVERY time we install a new black ink cartridge (HP 564) the printer decides it doesn't want to print black any more!

I've tried the whole cleaning this and that they say is needed. I've aligned, reset, etc. and nothing works.

What makes me mad is the printer works fine until the day we swap out the black ink.

I've had this issue before but it was random luck it came back to life and we have no idea how it happened.

What can we do to fix this ANNOYI NG problem??

Thanks in advance.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 39 (33,249 Views)

Re: HP B210 all-in-one Photosmart Plus won't print black when new black cartridge installed!!

Hi there, 

This article should help with your ink issue you are experiencing. Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps. I usually have a problem with a clogged vent shown under step 3. If that does not help there are other obscure methods of cleaning printheads - as a last resort you can try this method - see Bob_Headrick's post. 

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
peaches12
Message 3 of 39 (26,758 Views)

Re: HP B210 all-in-one Photosmart Plus won't print black when new black cartridge installed!!

I am going absolutely crazy with my printer, It quit printing black ink, and I can't seem to get any help on here. I've been trying to find out something on here, for about an hour, to no avail

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 39 (26,620 Views)

@peaches12, sorry that you been having a issue with your black not printing. 

When was the last time you replaced you black ink cartridge?

Try to clean the print head. Take it out and manually clean it with lint free cloth and water. 

I have found a link that may better assist you with this problem. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02142902&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Let me know if this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
PegMaggie
Message 5 of 39 (26,515 Views)

This did not help.  I have tried all of the solutions in the manual and the pages that you sent to me.  Nothing has produced black print.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 6 of 39 (26,488 Views)

It seems that you may need contact HP support (1800-474-6836). Your print head needs to be replacing. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 7 of 39 (26,293 Views)

The troubleshooting steps in this post may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
Sdietric
Message 8 of 39 (26,118 Views)

I have alligned (get alignment failed message), cleaned, etc.  What else can I do. All the other colors print. What is also upsetting is that I am using up all my ink by having to keep doing these procedures.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 39 (26,108 Views)

Sdietric wrote:

I have alligned (get alignment failed message), cleaned, etc.  What else can I do. All the other colors print. What is also upsetting is that I am using up all my ink by having to keep doing these procedures.

If the standard troubleshooting documents have not resolved the issue the troubleshooting steps in this post may help recover black printing for your HP Photosmart b210 printer.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
lieve
Message 10 of 39 (24,724 Views)

same here

have even placed a new second cartridge and still not printing black

this is costing me a lot of money 

will try the 5 minutes soacking in water

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation