Question
HP B210 all-in-one Photosmart Plus won't print black when new black cartridge installed!!
Replies (45)

Honor Student
joart
Message 11 of 46 (7,970 Views)

Re: HP B210 all-in-one Photosmart Plus won't print black when new black cartridge installed!!

I installed a new black cartridge and my printer will not print black.  What happen and how can I fix it.

Student
Adare
Message 12 of 46 (7,956 Views)

Re: HP B210 all-in-one Photosmart Plus won't print black when new black cartridge installed!!

I am trying to find out why my printer won't print black...what do I need to do to get this to work? Bill

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 13 of 46 (7,949 Views)

[ Edited ]

The troubleshooting steps in this document may help.  If not see the post here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
SaraLV
Message 14 of 46 (7,863 Views)

I have the same problem. And it's an EXPENSIVE one.
The steps did not work (and there's one of those links that does not work)
All the tentative troubleshooting is draining ink. It may be cheaper to buy a new printer. I have a feeling it won't be an HP one
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 15 of 46 (7,854 Views)

SaraLV wrote:
I have the same problem. And it's an EXPENSIVE one.
The steps did not work (and there's one of those links that does not work)
All the tentative troubleshooting is draining ink. It may be cheaper to buy a new printer. I have a feeling it won't be an HP one

What printer model?  If it is the B210 the troubleshooting steps in this document may help.  If the above link does not help see the post here.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

Honor Student
SaraLV
Message 16 of 46 (7,824 Views)

It's a B210a
Honor Student
SaraLV
Message 17 of 46 (7,823 Views)

By the way: after this whole conversation, suggesting the standard troubleshooting steps is RIDICULOUS.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 18 of 46 (7,805 Views)

SaraLV wrote:
By the way: after this whole conversation, suggesting the standard troubleshooting steps is RIDICULOUS.

That might be true if one could assume that someone posting in the thread has already read (and tried) the posts in the thread.  My experience is that there are many folks that find a thread, perhaps through a Google search, but they do not actually read the thread but rather put their information on the end of the thread as a reply.  I see this even when there is a solution marked for the thread, the thread here is a good (or bad) example of this.

For your case have you tried the standard troubleshooting steps?  Did you check the vents?  Did you try soaking the printhead as described here?  Is there any sign of black printing at all in the test page?

Honor Student
SaraLV
Message 19 of 46 (7,797 Views)

I did. And I did read the whole tread, of course
Thanks for asking :smileyhappy:
Student
jsmyth
Message 20 of 46 (7,756 Views)

Re: HP B210 all-in-one Photosmart Plus won't print black when new color cartridges installed!!

[ Edited ]

I have had a similar problem.   Twice now after replacing the (three) color cartridges  the black printer head temporally stopped printing, at all.   The printer ink level diagnostic indicates the black cartridge is near full.   After  a couple of days to a week the black printer head starts working again.  My wild  guess is it has something to do about how the printer charges the print heads after changing out a cartridges, in this case affecting the black print head,  repeated cleaning of the print heads only wastes the color ink.  I am presently using three 1X size color cartridges with one 2.5X black cartridge, although I haven't read anywhere that this would cause a problem.         

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation