09-23-2012 02:34 PM
I have a HP C5180 All in one printer. Was printing pictures and between one picture and the next I got an error message on computer screen. 'The Printer is out of Paper" It wasn't out of paper. Tried putting lots of paper in printer, tired small amounts of paper, tried medium amounts of paper. Got the same message. Turned off, same message. Unplugged, same message.
The bottom line is it won't do anything except give me an error meeage saying "The Printer is out of Paper".
09-24-2012 05:22 PM
Are you getting that error on the printer or on the computer?
What OS are you using?
How is the printer connected to the computer?
HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.
Let me know what errors you receive?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)